A component to this ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A component to this ...

I'm CONVINCED is "obsessive-compulsive" disorder.

I feel this is truly a "light-bulb" moment. While most of us don't wash our hands a hundred times a day... there is that element. And I think it's a connection that hasn't really been made.

Some may say, well, it's an Addiction (duh) - that's why we drink. But - at least speaking for myself - it's more the mental aspect than the physical that keeps me drinking!

It's when you get the "IDEA" of drinking into your mind and can't seem to put it aside... thus... compulsive... and Obsessive! - that puts ya under the bus.

So, now I'm thinking... that maybe (as much as I hate "drugs")... I wonder if I took something for O-C disorder... ... ...... ? Maybe that would help more than anything.

Just something to think about. Obsessive-Compulsive disorder doesn't have to be about... washing hands 100 times per day. I'm thinking there's the same component involved.

... I think there's some merit to this stream of thought...

YOU?
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

A component to this ...

Hey Sav.
    My experience is that there is most def a mental obsession with alcohol. Once I get that mental obsession, I think of nothing but that first drink, and become restless, irritable and discontent until I can get it. A craving some say.
    Once that first drink has gone down though the mental obsession leaves, and I am then overcome with the physical allergy of drinking. My body is addicted to alcohol, and I react differently to normal drinkers when drinking. Once I start, the physical addiction will not let me stop until blackout. And so the cycle continues.
    So, for me, obsession is certainly a componant in my drinking. It is the start of the madness!
    Cy.
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

A component to this ...

I too believe there is something about the compulsion. AL affects everyone in dif ways, it seems, and finding what works for us is the key.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

A component to this ...

hi 19 its been a while how was treatment look at it a s a greater xperience,you no more then most, now your in my world.hope i dont offnd u

Comment

A component to this ...

ive beeen waiting for u to see how things went

Comment

A component to this ...

Savon,

OCD is often treated with drugs such as Zoloft, Prozac, Paxil, etc. to increase serotonin levels.
            I personally don't like these drugs and opted for a natural method. I use an herbal product called Amoryn, get the same effect with no side effects. I've been on it for 6 months with great results - check it out
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

A component to this ...

I have a daughter with OCD... or at least she was diagnosed with it in the 8th grade. She was not a hand washer, but was/ is extremely meticulous. She is now at an engineering school 1,500 miles from home and making A's. She refused and has never taken any meds. She is doing really well now that she in her element... research projects, campus life, others who share her intellectual passion.

I was given Zoloft for depression... I can honestly say that it DID make me numb to pain in my life as well as numb to intimacy. It temporarily made me feel better. But sadly, as many people here have discovered, that sense of "euphoria and numbness" created by Zoloft and other anti-depressants can make you crave and desire alcohol more. This has been my experience as well as many others, but that is not to say it is the case for everyone. Just be careful... journal... keep a log of your drinking patterns should you choose to take an anti-depressant. I thought it would cure my root problems for wanting to drink. NOT. I have done much better when I deal with life head on, un-medicated!
              If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Working...
              X