Does one follow the heart or the gut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi you guys! I've been reading the posts but mainly struggling daily just to keep my sanity and gain strength from the med w/d and booze. I've been so up and down didn't want to post my issues. Today I think I sold my condo? Now the major decision to move where my gut says or follow my heart? I followed my heart and moved here, total mess! Just so afraid to be jumping out of the pot into the frying pan. I think, from my 50 yrs of screw ups, the answer is "gut". What do you all think?
    CJ

Dear CJ,

I am 51 and following my gut if it says soemthing different than my heart is almost always the best way to go. . . for me! I call my gut that little voice in my head that tells me truths that my heart may not want to see.

I wish you happiness in your move not matter which you pay attention to.
    Hugs,
    Mary

Comment

CJ,

In my experience, my heart has been wrong (WAY wrong), but my gut hasn't. For whatever that's worth...

Good luck!

Mike
      "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Fascinating

I don't know the difference-- heart or gut. I know difference between heart & head. Interesting. Have to think about this.

Does your gut make you vomit? I am serious. When you feel like vomiting about a situation, what does that mean? I am not being coy or sarcastic or clever or anything. I am really asking. What do you think? Thanks. Chrysa

Comment

When I feel like vomiting because of feelings, it is usually because I am so anxious that I cannot stand it. I tend to carry anger/stress in my neck and shoulders, anxiety in my gut, and pain/sorrow in my heart and throat.

Hope that helps, Chrysa.

Kathy
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

For me, it's simple:

HEART = The way I HOPE things are

GUT = The way I KNOW things are

So, I tuck my heart under my arm and follow my gut!
            :h
            susan
            "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Working...
            X