Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

26 hours and 8 minutes left.

G'day Brett..

Good luck with your plan, you sound pretty determined..

Your Kids are a most excellent reason to get off the grog..(will no doubt hurt YOU either!)

My old Man and my best mate had alcoholic Father's and neither of them hold their Dad's in high regard..

My Old Man hated his Father and my best mate pitied his..

Food for thought isn't it?

Good luck mate..

David.
    What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Comment

Hi David.

That speaks volumes mate. My kids love me. (so far) but if I didn't stop I could see it all going pair shaped in the future.

I appreciate your wise words.

Cheers Mate.

Brett.
      Alcohol Free Since July 1 2009.

My Sobriety Blog
      (From Then Till Now).

Comment

Hi Brett, I dont post much but I know you can do it! I'm an aussie struggling with AL and I use to be one of those people jogging in the morning saying hi but not for a long time. Where did you go for your holidays in Queensland? Stay strong....

Comment

Brett, if you need someone to chat to, when things get hard, PM me and I'll give you my number...

I have loads of "My Old Man was a real Prick" stories I can pass on..

My old man is one of my best mates in the World by the way...

How it should be..
          What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Comment

You have two options...

Be a Dad or be an arsehole...

And the option is????

Sorry, I get in trouble with lots of people on here, I call a spade a spade...

David x

Comment

Hi Mia.

What is your plan going forward? Feel free to tell me to mind my own business or PM me if you'd like. I've had a few people PM me who want to come aboard but didn't want to go public. So your a QLDer. I love QLD. I'd live their but my wife doesn't want to move. We went to Mooloolaba. So far I have had holidays in Cairns, Gold Coast Noosa and Mooloolaba. Do you think I like QLD? :-) Thanks for your kind thoughts.

My Sobriety Blog
              (From Then Till Now).

Comment

David - thanks mate. I really appreciate that.

My old man was a great man. I aspire to be half the man he was. Unfortunately he left us a few years ago after a 25 year illness. He was an amazing human being. I miss him dearly......

Alright already. I take the first option! You're gonna give me grief if I f*&% up aren't you?

Thanks again mate.

Brett.

My Sobriety Blog
                (From Then Till Now).

Comment

Hi Brett, yep you have been where I live!!! I dont know about my plans about goning foward have been struggling for soooo long. Read all my past posts. I would love to PM you you but not sure how I'm hopeless on computers. Nice to talk to an Aussie!!! I love Queensland especially where I live!!

Comment

Hi Mia.

PMs are quite easy.

Simply click on time to love my liver next to my avatar. You should see a drop down box with the option to send me a pm. Otherwise you can email me if you like @ giveupalcohol@gmail.com

Hope that helps

Brett.

My Sobriety Blog
                    (From Then Till Now).

Comment

Brett, I can tell you right now...

Get yourself Sorted out, no matter what you have to do (go to rehab, if you have to)

Be there for your kids, be like my Old Man... he IS my best mate in the world (Not many Sons would say that..

I let him know how I fell in a Blokey way...He KNOWS..

That is the feed back you want from your kids...

Comment

You don't want your kids to be scared to bring their friends home because "Dad is a Drunk"

Have I convinced you yet?

LOL, David

Comment

Working...
                        X