Dealing with ALOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealing with ALOT

Thanks Doubter. Always good to hear from you. I guess it is natural for us to grow up and move away (happening to me with my kids now) but when our parents get older it gets harder to be far away.
    Thank you all for your thoughts, I think my Mom is getting better but she is moving from the hospital to a rehab facilty and I have not been able to speak with her. I hear she is doing well though and that is good news.

Comment

Dealing with ALOT

time2change;648871 wrote: I know that many of you are sick of hearing about how my marriage of 21 years ended a few months ago. Although, the emotional part of my marriage was over a long time ago I am having a hard time dealing with the lose of my family life. My older son told me recently he wants to move a few hours away to go to school (and live with his girlfriend). I found out this week that the younger son (14) has plans to go with his Dad on a trip that will have him gone for a few weeks and leave me alone on my birthday. Seems like the whole family has fallen apart, but I guess it was over for awhile. Today I found out that my Mom will be having surgery tomorrow. I feel so helpless and far away. I'm in FL and she is on Long Island. I have been here for 19 years and she has never forgiven me for moving away (in a nice way). But I am feeling really bad about being here today. I thought about moving back to NY after the divorce but stayed here because of my kids. But now I feel like the kids don't need me as much and I should have thought about my Mom and being closer to my family. Feeling really sad today, but am glad to be sober today and hoping to get in a better frame of mind after my Mom's surgery. Any prayers would be appreciated!!
      Prayers are sent for you .........LOTS of prayers and I know how hard everything feels right now. Sobriety isn't an instant fix to life's traumas and dramas but at least you have the people HERE who understand and care.........I Care very much !! I divorced after 27yrs. and it really tore my family apart. I have found REAL LOVE and I have made a family from people of my choosing. I wish the same for you !!
      PM me if I can help .....OK ???
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Dealing with ALOT

Time....I know these times are tough.......the kids are growing older, it seems like the oldest can handle himself....but your youngest. Can't you make arangements with your ex and take some time to go see your mother. ( It's summer...lot easier to do it now that the kids are not in school.) I have a sister in a Nurseing Home right now. She's been their for 4 weeks....has 2 weeks before she can come home. She has a verity of ailments (Romatory Artheritce, Sclareaderma ) 50 years old with all them problems. Take some time to see your mom....you both will feel better about it. IAD
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
        X