back again --- GOTTA DO IT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi guys I am back again .. same old story .. drinking more than ever. I have to admit to my disgust that one of my prime reasons to quit, other than to stop feeling like shit all the time, is my horror at the way I look ... bloated, so overweight. My FEET are swollen!!

I guess other than the feeling like crap, I haven't felt the desperation to quit that some feel because there is no one else but me being affected by my problem. I live alone, no kids, so am harming only myself. And why? I'm tired of it. I want my f-ing life back !!!! I recently joined Facebook and got in touch with a couple guys I haven't seen in few years .. both are expressing great interest ... and i'm horrified at the idea of them seeing how i look now. It sounds SO shallow, but if it will help me, i'm going with it .... I have missed MWO and will be glad to have support. Thanks for listening
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Welcome back!!!!! We will be happy to share our journey with you and the dancing cat!!!

Comment

Nick of time, kittyhead! My arse was giving your arse one more day to surface and I was going to start calling.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Greenie had her eye one you...you see it? LOL
        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Welcome back Dexterhead. I too had that bloated overweight feeling until I stopped drinking. The pounds are shedding with the lack of AL and it feels great!

Give it a try, you can do it.

Winefree

Comment

Hi Dexter.

I can certainly relate to the bloated feeling. I feel like the Goodyear blimp at the moment.

Especially after being on holiday last week.

I wish you all the best on your desire to become af.

Brett
            Alcohol Free Since July 1 2009.

My Sobriety Blog
            (From Then Till Now).

Comment

Welcome back Dex!

K
              Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
              April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
              wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
              wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
              wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
              wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
              wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
              wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
              http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

DEXTER!!! I am so glad to see you. I know the feeling, I just resurfaced myself.

Last year when I decided to quit, I know exactly what you are talking about. I didn't even recognize myself. It has taken me 18 months, but I have lost 30lbs. I had a lot of sobriety in the 18 months, but the last 6 months, or I was dating AL again - that bastard. he hadn't changed.

Anywhooo, stay here and let's get sober together. Your hotness will come shining through..

xoxo

MM
                Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them, but do not let them master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight.

Comment

Welcome back! You are worth it to keep trying.

Comment

Dexter, love your dancing kitty! Welcome back. Hey, maybe not having anyone to quit for, besides yourself, is a GOOD thing ... I mean, whether there are others involved or not, it's so important to do these things for ourselves. You deserve a happy life - go get it!

Me, I have two kids (16 and 20) at home and a husband. But what really lit the fire under my @ss this time was being afraid of damaging my body beyond repair (liver mostly) ... and then I googled myself silly and scared myself to sobriety after a LONG time of daily drinking (750 ml bottle of rum/vodka per day, every day).

I also love your motivation of getting your act together for meeting up with people you haven't seen in awhile. That kinda happened to me, too, last September. I wasn't doing too badly drinking at the time (as I'd let up a little because of a summer vacation/wedding away and drinks just weren't as available) and I was looking pretty good (imho). I met up with them and got lots of compliments, etc.

That was September. Heavy drinking once again set in. In December, they wanted to get together again. By that time, I'd puffed up and was looking pretty shabby. I met with them, but was so embarrassed at how "downhill" I'd gone since they last saw me.

More power to you ... "uphill" you go!
                    AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

WB, Dexter

Something else Cat keeps on reminding people about, and rightly so: if you try and fail, get up and try something else - as long as you keep on trying.

42Cat = Cat's Whiskers :-)

The very best of luck to you!

Tip
                      I'll do whatever it takes
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

.. Tip, you are so sweet! And you're doing so well too .. an inspiration to me and so many here. Keep it up!
                        AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Hi Dexter....I also have gained so much weight recently, I feel like a WET SPONGE. And the depression from steady and heavy Alcohol abuse is sometimes extremely hard to live with. I t really does feel like an illness sometimes.Please take care and do the absolute best you can......It really does get old being drunk all the time

Comment

Dexter, your dancing cat is the best!!! And I think your reason for wanting to beat AL is as good as any. Just a thought? A daily walk (particularly early in the morning) seems to help a lot of people with weight loss and AL recovery at the same time. It gets you outside and it's not so strenuous that it feels like a wretched chore. I keep a baseball cap, an MP3 player with some groove tunes, and a loose, comfortable walking outfit always ready to throw on. I'll also admit that when I was first trying to mod (without a lot of success) I liked walking because I could do it hungover. Hey, anything that puts the cards on your side of the table!

Good luck to you -- I look forward to reading about your progress.
                            "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

thanks to all of you, and nice to meet those I haven't. You have all given me hope that i can finally dig my way out of this and I hope we can all help one another.
                              :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Working...
                              X