Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so ashamed

ditto

ME, I agree w/ what almost everyone said, and I for one CANNOT moderate GOD knows I have tried and tried, and FAILED miserably!! I have gone to some AA meetings and found a favorite, I only go to one or maybe 2 a week because I don't want to be like alot of the AAs who go every day and feel addicted to meetings, I have a life outside of AA.............

As for boredom, try to get out and walk, that is free.............maybe get just a part time job, mindless, like working in a coffee shop(??) A stressful job will probably make you want to drink, I know it does me, but I have only 18 days totally AF today.............going strong.

Once you get it out of your system and feel how good you feel, you won't want to go back, or at least that is my experience for the most part, I do and have messed up a few (too many) times, but this is it for me!!! Good luck in whatever you decide, hope we all helped you.:h
    MA:l:l
    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

so ashamed

ME, We have all been there to some degree, with worrying about what we have done and feeling embarrassed about what others are thinking about our drinking. I think it is one of the things that we use to help us quit. I don't know you well enough to know whether you need counseling or not, but it almost sounds like you are saying you think you need counseling because you like to get high, but don't want to give that up. I'm not sure that means you need counseling - but it does mean you are addicted. I agree with Zen - use the naltrexone until the baclofen gets here. I don't think baclofen is being touted as a medication that will allow you to moderate and still feel high. And maybe start journaling about why you like to get high. You may want to take a look at the Rationale Recovery website. I don't agree with everything there but it does make us take a good look at our desire to get high. Best wishes for your recovery. (Or for a good synopsis see Scrubbly's "No, I don't want to be a nrmal drinker.")

Comment

Working...
      X