Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once again, if you drink (or drank)... and love your liver...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't take anything with acetaminophen in it (Tylenol, etc.)...

FDA advisers vote to take Vicodin, Percocet off market - CNN.com

I've avoided it since the first warning some 10? years ago. Even tho' they talk about large doses, why risk it?
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Savon--it was never brought out into the open, but I'm pretty sure that my friend that died last year from liver failure had been taking Tylenol because she was sick and didn't want to go to the doctor again. Either that or the antibiotic that was prescribed cause acute liver failure--I don't think she was honest with them about how much vodka she drank.

It wasn't pretty. She was turning yellow when she went into the hospital, and when she died from complete organ failure in 10 days she was orange.

Even though I've quit drinking, I still don't take Tylenol. I do take some migraine medicine once in awhile that has it in it, so everyone remember to read the labels!!!

Good reminder, Savon. So many people don't know the risks! It can happen. I've seen it.
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Oh, so sorry about your friend, lvt.

Luckily, I rarely have headaches, but when I do, I opt for either aspirin (mostly) or sometimes will take Advil (ibuprofen). I know some people can't take that because of stomach problems, though.

And BIG congrats on being AF for NINE months! WOW!! I'm impressed...!
      Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

My family takes ibuprofen for pain when we need it.
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
        X