Update on me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on me

Ok, Bro got away with it again. I am going to go and email Steve Wilko. I am sick and tired of mom thinking that there is nothing to do. She knows about this. But yet she still allows him to get away with it. She is sick of it to and threatens to kick him out. But she doesn't do it.

She doesn't want me to do it. But I have had enough. If I have to put up with him treating me like crap I dunno if I can make this quit hold. So I am doing it.

BTW Tigger isn't doing so well. Mom is afraid that he won't make it through this weekend.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Update on me

Drifty.....I am gonna give ya some advise you may not like. But, it is what I did. I have a sister I have not spoken to for YEARS...I mean like 9 years. I will NEVER speak to her again. My younger brother does not speak to her either. She was toxic to our relationship and sometimes you need to remove yourself from that environment. I do not believe you have to endure abuse just because someone is family. I wouldn't put up with that treatment from a friend, so why are you tolerating it from your sibling. ENOUGH! Now, when you were a child...you had to do as your parents directed you, but you are no longer a child. It is time to take the reins on your own life. If your Mom is going to continue to tolerate his behavior ..YOU MOVE OUT! You are in your 20's. I moved out at 16. I did just fine. I finished high school, I am a college graduate....you can make it on your own and you won't be abused. I know you have said before you don't feel you should have to leave...well, he isn't leaving. If you want to continue being abused stay...if you don't leave. Because the fact is...he is STAYING and he is going to ABUSE YOU! You can do this and you deserve to be happy. Get a roommate honey.
    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Update on me

Alison, I will join you in the pitty party. I just found out that my good for nothing, mean spirited, hateful, sister is moving to town at the end of the month. :upset: There goes my peace. (which I won't let her; but the news is disturbing, nonetheless).

Seriously, now. You cannot let your brother, mother, or cat lead you back to drinking. What will that solve? Why not do something productive? Look for a place to live; even if it is a room and board situation. You can't stay in an abusive environment. It is NOT good for you.

Obviously the situation at home is not going to change so, it will have to be you to change your situation.

I left home when I was 16. I managed to get my schooling done, including University. It is tough, but manageable. I was in a very abusive environment growing up and I was done with it at 16 and left.

Don't let this deter you from your becoming sober and well. :l

Comment

Update on me

Hi kids . . .

Wow, I am more grateful than ever before for my sisters and bro's. There are 7 of us in total and we just had the most spectacular Saturday June 27 that we have ever had together.

My heart goes out to each of you who are having problems with your family members :upset:.

I agree with the others abuse is an awful thing and it drags you down to a place you never want to be. Looking for an apartment can be very uplifting.

Be well lil buddies . . .:l

Comment

Update on me

Don't worry all. Will not drink today.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Update on me

Hi Alison,
            Good for you holding hard on the sobriety.
            These people are right, if you let them make your life a misery, and then God forbid , drink again, you've been a victim twice over.
            Hope you find some peaceful digs.
            Bridget.
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Update on me

Alison,

Just remember - this is about YOU, not anyone else. try to "tune out" as far as possible and concentrate on your own stuff!

Good luck and stay strong!

Tip
              I'll do whatever it takes
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Working...
              X