Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 3rd July

Good morning folks

Looks like it might be stormy here today unfortunately.
    It stresses out the dogs big time. I have already given Fudge some valium but there is something wrong with Larry and I darent give him any.
    Last night, he started gagging and eating lots of grass, brought up his supper and was panting. All night he has been up and down wanting to go out and eat grass. This morning he has wanted his walk and his brekkie but again he is swallowing all the time, and again he has brought up his brekkie. I want to take him to the vet this morning but the garage is picking up my car this morning so I cant. I will take him this afternoon. I wonder if he got stung by a bee?
    Taking Larry to the vet is a trial in itself, he will need to be knocked out before he is examined, it really is a last resort for him.
    We are hoping to get to the coast tonight for the weekend, but of course will depend on how Larry is.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Army Thread 3rd July

Morning Starty.
    He'll probably just have an upset tummy. The coast sounds good. Were abouts will you go?
    I was up late last night installing my DVD-ROM. Very simple procedure, but I was a while finding a free decoder that the OS kept asking for. I got one eventually and I can now watch DVDs. I'm quite pleased with myself.

Comment

Army Thread 3rd July

Morning, Starts, Pops and all to come.

Starts, sorry to hear about Larry. We don't have dogs, but had a similar experience with one of our cats. Took it to the vet, and turned out to be an abdominal obstruction (fancy term for giant hairball). He simply gave us a product called Animalax, which "greases" their insides and helps break up the obstruction so that it can pass normally. Usually, when they eat grass, it's a sign that digestion is a problem.

What a note to start the morning on :-)

Hope it gets better, though...
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 3rd July

This is for Starts - now you know why you love your dogs so much :-)

AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 3rd July

Morning guys, Starty sounds like a trip to vets is called for but as Pops says its is prob an upset tummy, just something he ate. Try not to worry too much about him, he is in great shape, I would guess pysically, with all the exercise they get and I am sure feed well and looked after too.
          Pops glad you rigged up your dvd player on the pc, nice when we can do those sort of things for ourselves. Never to old to learn eh old timer
          Tip the animalax sounds lovely just as I am tucking into a big bowl of porridge thanks mate :yuk:
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 3rd July

Starts, look at what Valium has done to Fudge. you should be ashamed of yourself :-)

AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 3rd July

KTAB;652592 wrote:
              Tip the animalax sounds lovely just as I am tucking into a big bowl of porridge thanks mate :yuk:
              Just trying to help you get rid of that beer belly :-)
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 3rd July

Morning Pops, Tippers and KT!

LMFCTO at the pics Tip, that is pretty much what Fudge looks like right now :-) The thunder hasnt arrived and she is happily chillin, I must say, I am a tad jealous!!
                Larry is still gulping. I dont think its upset tummy, I think its something in his mouth. He is salivating a lot too.
                Just about to call the vet and thought I would have a last check on him, stared at him for a good minute and he didnt gulp once! Bloomin dogs. Will leave him for another half hour and see.
                I have seen enough vomit and poo this morning AND eaten my porridge, tough birds in the UK :-)
                You OK there KT? :H

Pops, good for you on the DVD ROM, you will be a techie in no time!
                Hopefully off to the Norfolk coast later. Larry permitting.

Comment

Army Thread 3rd July

And as if that isnt enough I had to do the bins first thing. Let me explain, I put all the hosehold waste into plastic bags and then into a sealable bin outside. When full they it gets transfered into these special bags that the waste company sell and then left out for collection. Still with me? (yes I know fasinating story). Not a bad system, untill I forget to do it for 3 weeks, in this heat, OMG I nearly gagged at the pong and if I had still been on the grog I definitley would have done so. Bet you are all happy I told you that story.
                  See its good to share.

Comment

Army Thread 3rd July

Hi everyone
                    I am glad it is late afternoon here with this sort of conversation and my lunch has gone down!
                    Starts - I was told that when dogs eat grass it means that they just has a bit of a upset belly, but like KT said its best to get it checked out if he is still throwing up.
                    Hi Tip, I just said hi to you on the other thread, my you do like to jump about dont you (just like tiger eh)
                    Hi KTAB how does it feel to be a senior member then???
                    :dancin: enguin:
                    starting over

Comment

Army Thread 3rd July

Hi Ronnie, well I suppose senior fits ok with the few grey hairs that are staring to appear and the crows feet and the.......
                      Sorry just had a senior moment there.
                      How has your day been and are the kids on hols yet?

Comment

Army Thread 3rd July

KTAB;652608 wrote: And as if that isnt enough I had to do the bins first thing. Let me explain, I put all the hosehold waste into plastic bags and then into a sealable bin outside. When full they it gets transfered into these special bags that the waste company sell and then left out for collection. Still with me? (yes I know fasinating story). Not a bad system, untill I forget to do it for 3 weeks, in this heat, OMG I nearly gagged at the pong and if I had still been on the grog I definitley would have done so. Bet you are all happy I told you that story.
                        See its good to share.
                        That'll teach ya for being a lazy little fecker :H
                        Whoops, Oney has inhabited the squirrel for a moment

Comment

Army Thread 3rd July

ronnie;652609 wrote: Hi everyone
                          I am glad it is late afternoon here with this sort of conversation and my lunch has gone down!
                          Starts - I was told that when dogs eat grass it means that they just has a bit of a upset belly, but like KT said its best to get it checked out if he is still throwing up.
                          Hi Tip, I just said hi to you on the other thread, my you do like to jump about dont you (just like tiger eh)
                          Hi KTAB how does it feel to be a senior member then???
                          Hey Ronners, what was for lunch? Salad? :H

Comment

Army Thread 3rd July

Hi Starts, I hope by this time your dog is sorted out or got well by himself. Enjoy the weekend and take care of yourself.
                            make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Army Thread 3rd July

It was the last day at school today, they are on hols for 2 weeks, over hear the kids have thier main hols in December through to Feb.
                              Starts I had Chicken & sweetcorn soup and it was yummy but cause I was trying to shove it in my mouth quickly my tongue now feels like a cats tongue as I have burnt it. I hate that when that happens!!!!
                              :dancin: enguin:
                              starting over

Comment

Working...
                              X