Our little community here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We all are or most of us are on the same boat here. I find it very heart warming that we help each other. We don't know each other, but still try to help. We are lawyers, IT people, retail, kitchen hands. Coming from completely different backgrounds and having such different lives. Single, married with kids it does not matter here. What makes us different is the bonding. The little thing called alcohol. If we are here it means that we try to give alcohol up. I must say i never thought that such a website would change my life in some ways. I understand that there are more females here. Being a male i was a little cautios thinking that joining this community would make me gay. But i feel good here which makes me gay (haha). Life is not all roses all the time and we know it,but generally life is good. At the end of day its ok. There are choices that need to be made. One of this choices it to understand that life is ok and we should be proud of ourselves. I am so thankfull for all the support i got here. You guys are really nice people and i am happy to know you. Thanks for listening.

Netty

P.S. English is not my first language therefore sorry for any mistakes.
    We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

It's so TRUE and very sweet for you to POST IT !!!
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Three cheers for having more girls than guys :-))))
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

*sneaks out to recruit more men*

Heehee

Nice to meet you, Network ... I love this site and the people here, too!
        AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Oney, its nice to see you here.

Comment

Oney im not sure if you know, but in less than 2h its gonna be saturday

Comment

Its true! If you all wasn't here I dunno if I would be able to quit and then admit my mistakes and try again.
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

42cat;652841 wrote: *sneaks out to recruit more men*

Heehee
                LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :H:H:H

Comment

Hi kids . . .

Great post Netty . . .

I totally know where I would be if I had not found this forum. The Inspirational and Openly Honest threads and posts I have had the priveledge to read have truly opened my eyes and made me realize so many truths about myself.

I have actually been able to let go of the passed trauma's in my life and stop wallowing in self-pity. And I have become a much more positive person.

Life feels good again . . .

Thanx Everyone :l

Comment

Good postage there Net. I'm off to work to my 'other' community!

Figure i'll help out on Holiday, so others can have some time off.

Mum is here, take a nice long break!

Good Holiday to all. Be-Gone all weekend helping others and at Parades!!!!!

An Improved Ripple. :monalisa:

Comment

Working...
                    X