a new day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a new day

I decided to just keep count on my days since I last had my last drink. So I changed my signature. If it doesn't make sense then please let me know. And Tigger is doing better and today is going to be a great AF DAY!
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

a new day

That is wonderful to hear Drifty!!!
    I am happy for you :-)
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

a new day

Good going, Drifts - keep it up

Does that mean I can keep my Avatar for now? ;-)
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

a new day

Incredible, Allison. Saw on another thread the AL almost had you convinced that you could have a couple drinks now ... sneaky bastard. Very good job silencing the inner chatter.
        Woman takes a drink, drink takes a drink, drink takes a woman.

Comment

a new day

Nice job, Drifty. Very nice!

Hey, Puddy .... that "inner chatter" of which you speak ... man, there's a lot of that going on in my head these days! I'm still learning how to shut it up.
          AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

a new day

tiptronic_ct;653111 wrote: Good going, Drifts - keep it up

Does that mean I can keep my Avatar for now? ;-)
            Even if things don't go right with Tigger, you can keep your avatar!

AL does have its funny way to try to make you drink.
            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

a new day

Good job !!!
              Now the real fun DOES START !!!
              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

a new day

that endless chatter

Hey Drifty, 42Cat, et al ... yep, that chatter is INCREDIBLY devious! (a recent post said the chatter was EXHAUSTING -- sorry forget who)

IT's (the chatter) is telling me:
                • the withdrawals will be too hard (they might be);
                • wait for Baclofen, and also wait to titrate up on Bac;have just a little of AL to help focus (yesterday and 2 days ago were WASTED days owing to that logic ... ended predictably -- schnockered)

Gawd... love Tiptronics thread about let's kick its ass!

Stay strong all. Cat - hang in. Tell it to Shut Up!

People say that when all is going well, that is when the resistance is down. (That's what people say -- what the Hell would I know??!) :h

Comment

a new day

Hey, cool bullets. I didn't know we could do bullets! .... Ha - doesn't take much to get me excited, eh? lol.

Yep, that chatter. Mine lately is talking guilt, but I've also had lots of little whispers of "just one .. just have one ... remember how relaxing that drink was at the end of the work day?" .... (Um, not to mention beginning of the work day, middle of the work day, breakfast, lunch, dinner.)

Shuuuuuuut Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuupppppp!
                  AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

a new day

Hey Drifty . . .

Drifty ~ Most Excellent! :goodjob:

Finished vaccuuming, now I am hot perspiring, a brewksie would be good ~ or NOT!
                    (That was the old me).

I'm off to read some more of the book I just borrowed from the library. Yippee!

:l

Comment

a new day

I didn't know we could do bullets on MWO either (just Word). Fun!

Comment

a new day

I didn't know neither.

Comment

a new day

Me either! (about those bullets) ...

but found the bullet button up on menu bar, near the boldface and italics buttons.

under the smiley button! oh the fun we can have inkele: (also easily amused here !)

:whee:

Comment

Working...
                          X