Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Independence Day....(July 4th )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know that the Americans are the only ones celebrating this Holiday. ( 'Due to the circumstances' . Ha! ) But I was wondering what are the plans of all the Yanks this 4th of July!?! IAD.
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Happy July 4th to all my Americian friends and you IAD :H:H:H
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

[I] Thanks KT.....I live about 5 miles from the Inner Harbor (Baltimore): will get the Bar-be-que going, light a few Fireworks in the back yard.....then check out the big fireworks display from the Inner Harbor at about 9:00 pm. I can see the works from my house....no problem. IAD[I]
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Sounds great, any little ones about the place to enjoy it with?
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Nope KT......my youngest is 15........have many fond memoirs of when they were young ( Oldest son 21, Daughter 19 , youngest son 15. ) Use to take them to an Army Post ( Ft. Meade ) where they had activities all day...Carnival, games, music...etc. IAD.
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi IAD, good question. Every year, on this day only, I make the perfect hotdog (includes chili, cheese, coleslaw, mustard, ketchup, relish, and the dog must be broiled or grilled). Last year, I made an ass of myself by spilling a glass of chardonnay all over some fellow passengers on a fireworks catamaran cruise. Will skip that this year.
            "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Shit Happens LilBit....We just move forward ! Hot Dogs..... I love Bratwursts.......My stay in Germany made me appreciate Sauages...IAD.
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hey guys,
                We'll be going to a friends yearly party where there's a big fireworks display at the country club behind their house. Big potluck and everyone brings their chairs to enjoy the festivities.

As a modder I may have a drink or two but am very glad I can now think of going to parties like this and not have that fear of what I may end up doing or saying!

Eve11
                "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

I am going to the fireworks and then setting my own. *legal ones* No plans to drink at all this weekend!
                  I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Block (street) party for us tomorrow...my contribution.. a couple of crock pots full of spicy curry and I will be grilling 50 or so Irish bangers (sausage).
                    I put in a call to my realtor and asked her to dust off my * For Sale* sign just in case:H:H

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY EVERYONE:l:l:l

Comment

Going to a friend for dinner and watch the fireworks from their roof deck - although I'm a bit worried about the new dog we have as I don't know how he reacts to fireworks so may come home early to check on him. Happy 4th to everyone!

Comment

I hope you all have the best 4th July ever
                        :dancin: enguin:
                        starting over

Comment

Happy 4th July all americans

Comment

I have been blessed in this life to be able to travel and see much of planet Earth......I kiss the ground every time the plane lands back in the USA!!!
                            With ALL our faults, I have to say......there is no PLACE like HOME !!! Yes, I am Damned proud it be an American !!!
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZZf619DIpo&feature=PlayList&p=9FEC78DB63C A703E&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=14[/video]]YouTube - I'm proud to be an American - American Soldier Tribute
                            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Amen Evie.Lou......I too have been all over the world.....but it always feels good to come home (USA). IAD.
                              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                              X