Army Thread 7th July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 7th July

Not choice with having this affliction, but choice in using some discipline too, as a strategy?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Army Thread 7th July

I think the first drink I CHOOSE......then the drink chooses ME !!!!
      Not trying to run from responsibility here. I am just saying that the POWER of alcohol is UNWORLDLY ...unatural and overwhelming ...beyond anything that is within the NORMAL realm of desire.
      That's how it is for me, anyway !!
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Army Thread 7th July

Amen Brother Zen'
        All the time i was drinking I maintained a strict Pritikin diet and worked 10-12 hours a day. Slacker? Lacking willpower? Weak and slovenly? Fuck that. I reject the stereotypes that have branded and cowered us for time immemorial. It's time to beat down the "Anonymous" doors and INSIST on the recognition of our problem as real and legitimate. I'm sick of our fellow sufferers sneaking off to self shame meetings. Do they do that to cancer patients? They used to when it was generally felt that cancer was the punishment of God for sin. Alcoholism still has that status: something to be exorcised by "Higher Powers" and other Hocus Pokus. Time to unite!
        Long Road
        Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
        Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Army Thread 7th July

I know Zen. Any safe assistance, meds or otherwise is most welcome! You seem to be going well?
          All's well here thanks.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Army Thread 7th July

Baclofen made me feel like I am Normal.............WOW...Me (normal....LOL) !!!

Comment

Army Thread 7th July

Zen
              Do you know the average med student gets 1 (that's right 1) hour tutorage on Alcoholism. And mostly that is benzo dosage. Otherwise they're taught : forget 'em: your wasting your time and talent. Pretty sick when you consider how many Medicos end up as alkies. Irony I hear?
              Long Road
              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
              Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Army Thread 7th July

We got some pics taken but got carried away playing "dress up".......LOL
                I'm sad cause I am a prisoner in this house !!

Comment

Army Thread 7th July

Whew, I am whipped! I have an enormous pile of branches at the curb and I already had a little woodpecker and others at the suet and a hummingbird at the feeder! Weee!
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Army Thread 7th July

Gosh yes! I just cut limbs so I could walk around under the trees and mow. Besides it's safer. Hate to think like that, but it is.
                    sigpic

Comment

Army Thread 7th July

Ohhhhh.... you need a bird book! I have Field Guide To Birds of North America by Kaufman. Don't know if he has ones where you are.
                      sigpic

Comment

Army Thread 7th July

Hi Opal ...Green one, I think that's GREAT about the birds !!!
                        Just think, you can play "name that bird" with your little princess !!!
                        My kids would hate me for doing stuff like that but BOY are they SMART now...damn walking encyclopedias...........LOL

Comment

Army Thread 7th July

I have my mother's bird book. All worn out with a tattered list of her birds she saw. I love it dearly.
                          sigpic

Comment

Army Thread 7th July

Maybe try Roger Troyer Peterson's guide.......he's from my hometown !!!

They have a wildlife rehabilitation center named after him and OWLS hawks etc. that go out to schools ...

Comment

Army Thread 7th July

greeneyes;657936 wrote: I have my mother's bird book. All worn out with a tattered list of her birds she saw. I love it dearly.
                              That's sooo cool !!!
                              I have my grandpa binoculars (a book would be even better) and love those too !!!

Comment

Army Thread 7th July

No It's not a peterson, it's by Chester Reed. East of the Rockies. 1951
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X