Broke All My Wine Glasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFM, I have to finally ask about your avatar. What gives?

Comment

CS04;659346 wrote: AFM, I have to finally ask about your avatar. What gives?
      What is the matter with it?

Comment

I love it! Is that really you? or some celebrity that I should know about.

Love the long blond hottie thing - should be there myself, lol!

Comment

OMG! I thought you were going to slam it! LOL! Anyhoo........

Nope, not me. She is my idol. Gwen Stefani. She looks so energetic and happy in this picture.

I am goooooooooorgeous, but nope that is not me. Pretty close but not quite.

Comment

I just love her. She is such a happy person. But I won't go on and on about how much I love her. :H Because I do!

Comment

The New Me;657655 wrote: Oh, I am not alone with this crazy behaviour????
              I BURRIED my favorite wine glass. Seriously, gave it a small funeral and now it is resting in peace. Needless to say, I do not visit the grave...
              Smashing them is fun ...... but that's hilarious. Maybe there should be a thread about alternate uses for wine glasses. Time capsules, bird feeders etc

Comment

Yes, I did feel the need to do it.

I had too many times (before I found MWO and all you nice people) that I had tried to cut back, tried to quit, when sometimes just the lure of those fancy glasses was all it would take to get me packing off to the bottle shop to get wine to put in them.

It was about the ritual for me half the time, about that image of the fancy wine glass, the $22 per pound cheeses and imported crackers and olives on the plate next to it, the whole shebang. Never mind that I probably only ate about 4 pieces of cheese and crackers and didn't have to go back for 3 pounds of cheese, but I sure could down 2 whole bottles of wine myself before the night was over the way things got by the end of the whole ride.

So it was a slippery slope, and I think Grim put it best early on this thread, it was really just a way to kick AL in the nuts in a very loud and physical way for me. If I can slow myself down enough to think twice about "do I really want to use those nasty old glasses that my mother-in-law pawned off on us" then it is just one more protection between myself and a relapse, and I can use all the barriers between me and AL that I can get.

And I'm 46 days AF today, I think someone asked that along the way here too.

Comment

the new ritual is ~ you may become nuts, so you have tons of nuts on hand. 'okay'
                  actually, you will be nuts at some point. refrain from male nuts, go to the store and buy all the nuts you need to satisfy. Nuts are full of healthful oils, chew, munch and rejoice on your way to a new you. Breaking glass is the past, you will need another ritual. Chew your way out. Its okay, whatever works. Been there. I know.

An Improved Ripple. :monalisa:

Comment

Good on ya Scrubbly . . .

:goodjob: No Great Job ~ Scrubbly . . . and thanx for the PM . . .

Comment

What a brilliant idea Scrubbly a real milestone for you, liberating and therapeutic, well done on your 46 days AF:goodjob:

Comment

You guys crack me up! Also a wine lover! Not sure about breaking the glasses (what about when we have dinner parties, even if..or should I say when I am AF ...but that is a different thread).

PRANCY~ Story..priceless! I often look at people and assume the best.

AKGIRL~ I recently had a birthday which a friend gave me a beautiful wine stopper. I didn't need it because 1) I already owned a few and 2) I usually don't need them because every bottle of wine which is opened...is usually consumed the same night, even if I have to stay up extra late to do it. So...I was wondering what am I going to do with this (in any gift the thought is always appreciated) I took off the top off one of my favorite Balsamic vinegar bottles and replaced it with the wine stopper! If you are like me and have favorite vinegars, olive oils, dipping sauces, etc.. on your counter; it really dresses up the bottle!

Comment

Working...
                        X