Unisom is dangerous!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unisom is dangerous!

I just want everybody to know that I think Unisom is pretty dangerous if you have any alcohol in your system.

Yes, it is clear on the package you shouldn't do so. But also yes, I have gotten recommendations to use it after drinking to help with sleep. And yes, I've seen a multitude of posts on the internet about people who do.

Now, I may have an unhappy pancreas or liver, but on 2 occasions recently I drank and then took Unisom at night and the next day I was getting these sharp pangs of pain in my pancreas or liver (not sure which). Now I could normally drink like a crazy fish from hell and not have any odd aches and pains like that. So, whatever that Unisom does, it pushes my system into an ugly state. I thought I was gonna die a couple times during those 2 days, especially after hearing all the horror stories about pancreatitis and cirrhosis.

And yes, I still fear for my health being that I am an alcoholic..

Maybe I'm allergic? I dono. But I say, "Watch out and be careful with that stuff!" Choose melatonin or something. Benadryl and Tylenol PM are also talked about, but it has the same stuff in it, not to mention the acetaminophen in the Tylenol.

I'm glad to be alive and healthy and "sane as usual" today. Watch out!
    "With forward movement, you are bound to encounter turbulence." - I dono

Unisom is dangerous!

I think it is the acetomenophin (Tylenol). That stuff is horrid on your liver. If you need something to help you sleep, just take plain Benadryl. That is what puts you to sleep in all of these OTC sleep products anyway it is just minus the Tylenol. Of course only after you have tried Melatonin and Calms Forte first which are all natural.

I have also heard Valerian root works really well for some people -- you can buy a bottle of it at GNC. That's what valium is originated from I think?
    If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Unisom is dangerous!

Well, Unisom doesn't have the Tylenol, it's just the sleep stuff. BUT THAT IS WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY!
      There is something evil rancid bad for you about it. Even if it doesn't cause anybody else the same strife, I would NEVER recommend it because I bet it does something wicked, more or less, to people when taken with alcohol.

Comment

Unisom is dangerous!

I've taking Tylenol by the hand full cause of tooth pain. Advil makes me nauseated and the prescription pills the Dentist gave me aren't enough ???
        Maybe Tylenol is not such a good idea ???
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Unisom is dangerous!

They all have diphenhydramine in them. That stuff is what I consider to be the culprit. I'm just saying, two times in a row that stuff had me holding my gut and pausing whenever I stood up or bent over. IT'S EVIL.

Now I just need to convince myself the alcohol is evil. Now why do I have a problem doing that? sheesh...

But yeah, maybe we can make this thread into a discussion on what we can take instead of the nasty diphenhydramine/acetaminophen stuff.

Comment

Unisom is dangerous!

Ill tell you i use valerian and fall asleep immediately. its a great alternative

Comment

Working...
            X