Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 8th July

Hangin' in here
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Army Thread 8th July

Grim;658820 wrote: Hey Tip, KTAB,

Firstly Tip, I am with you on Startie's promotion.

Army Lieutenant General Startie "Nuts of Titanium" McSquirrel! :happy::happy:

KTAB, long way to go still mate, but yeah, it is great!
      Finally, finally, I am getting the recognition I deserve :H
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Army Thread 8th July

Hey Limey, and Oney.
        All good here today.
        How about you?

Comment

Army Thread 8th July

limers;658819 wrote: are you irish grim?
          Hello limers,

Nope, mix of S'African and Scottish.....
          'Tis with our judgements as our watches, none go just alike, yet each believes his own - Alexander Pope

Comment

Army Thread 8th July

A big hello Sunshine, oh and you two Limers and Oney.
            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Army Thread 8th July

Hey, Limers

Oney - exactly what is that I have to explain. Hmmmmmm?

Scottish SAFFER, Grimmy. Ouch - I went to Grey College. THe Murrays spoilt my childhood!
              I'll do whatever it takes
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 8th July

Hey Oney and Sunny,

(Thinks to himself "who would have ever though that I would type the above four words?")

Can't help myself.......sorry in advance......Oney and Sunny, that so funny......
                'Tis with our judgements as our watches, none go just alike, yet each believes his own - Alexander Pope

Comment

Army Thread 8th July

one2many;658836 wrote: Eggy, have you spoken to Mr Wonderful yet?

All good here Starty, I was talking to a neighbour, she is a chronic alcoholic and she called in to see me today....she is sober but hanging by a thread....I havn't seen her in a long time, she sat down and I was able to give her loads of advice.......stuff I learned here.....it felt wonderful to be able to help her and she was so much more positive when she left and had a smile on her face and hugged me and told me I was a special little girl.
                  I made my day...it really did. I will be keeping an eye on her too.
                  Well you are special hOney :l

Comment

Army Thread 8th July

And dont you forget it.

Comment

Army Thread 8th July

one2many;658838 wrote: Explain what Tips?
                      If you can't remember, I'd rather forget, too :-)
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 8th July

Oney is definitely a special lil leprechaun!

No, hun.. have not spoken to him; he's at work. At tonight his son is coming over to work on cars... so I don't know when we will talk. I don't even know if I want to be here when he gets home
                        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Army Thread 8th July

one2many;658836 wrote: Eggy, have you spoken to Mr Wonderful yet?

All good here Starty, I was talking to a neighbour, she is a chronic alcoholic and she called in to see me today....she is sober but hanging by a thread....I havn't seen her in a long time, she sat down and I was able to give her loads of advice.......stuff I learned here.....it felt wonderful to be able to help her and she was so much more positive when she left and had a smile on her face and hugged me and told me I was a special little girl.
                          I made my day...it really did. I will be keeping an eye on her too.
                          Makes it all worth while doesnt it?
                          And you ARE special!! :l

Comment

Army Thread 8th July

startingover;658847 wrote: Makes it all worth while doesnt it?
                            And you ARE special!! :l
                            Pay it forward I think it is called?
                            Giving something back plays such an important part in our recovery imo.
                            I will never forget how good it felt when I first came here and held my hand out and asked for help to escape the very dark place I found myself in only to find many hands outstretched and helping me onboard. It is not an exaggeration to say MWO and more importantly you guys have given me back the life I had craved for such a very long time.

Comment

Army Thread 8th July

Oners, Starts, KTAB, Grim, Sunny (lurkers and those I accidentally left out), I wish you all a good night. This Tigger's bounce is no longer operational. Going to make a nice cuppa rooibos tea and get into bed with my book.

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow!

And a special g'nite to General Titanium :goodjob:
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army Thread 8th July

KTAB;658851 wrote: Pay it forward I think it is called?
                                Giving something back plays such an important part in our recovery imo.
                                I will never forget how good it felt when I first came here and held my hand out and asked for help to escape the very dark place I found myself in only to find many hands outstretched and helping me onboard. It is not an exaggeration to say MWO and more importantly you guys have given me back the life I had craved for such a very long time.
                                I know exactly how you feel. I feel the same about everyone here. I really dont think I would be sober and clean and most importantly happy, without it....

Comment

Working...
                                X