Through the eyes of others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday I went to the gym for a class. The instructor had been gone last week on a camping trip. I asked here how her trip was and she said, "Pretty good. Well one guy drank too much and got really stupid. Other than that it was great."
    I couldn't help but wonder how many times some host of mine has been asked about their party and said, "It was relly good except for this one woman ....", or at least thought it. I'm done ruining other peoples events.

I cringe inwardly when people start those discussions....
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Me too, and when they start asking or rather telling me what I did.....
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

The worst is in corporate meetings, when someone "cracks a joke" about Hi, everyone, my name is .... and I'm an alcoholic. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... makes me want to give them a bitch-slap. Jokes about being an alkie is only funny when real one tell them...
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I just visited my BF and her FIL popped in to "remind" her of what she got up to last night. Apparently too many tequilas and she lost her bag, cell and house keys so had to break into her own house when she got home.
          He was telling me word for work (including expressions) all the kak she was talking last night -- I cringe to think how often I was in her shoes.
          "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Tip, maybe they are not joking at those corporate meetings.

Comment

louise;658756 wrote: Tip, maybe they are not joking at those corporate meetings.
              ROFL
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

My goodness, I have so been there. I was once invited as a birthday guest to an exclusive bush lodge. The hostess spent her birthday night, until 2 in the morning, searching for me. I was busy walking in circles in big five country where Black Mambas like to hide in the grass.

Next night I managed to behave myself, mainly because I was hung over.

The last night I got lost again. This time she decided to let the hyenas get me if they wanted, she was understandedly so angry.

Comment

Well Veritas, a Mamba bite would certainly sober you up just enough for you to realize you are on your way out!

Yip, I totally identify with the inward cringing over things I have done in the past. Over the last while (+- 3 weeks strangely enough ) I have decided to swing them in my favour by using them to strenghten my resolve to NEVER, EVER be that way again.
                  'Tis with our judgements as our watches, none go just alike, yet each believes his own - Alexander Pope

Comment

I agree Grim. I never want to be such a hooligan again. I often wonder how many times my guardian angel has had to work over time.

Comment

I think you are all fab and the behaviour is nt you and alcohol is an illness and what you and I did whilst drinking is not a whip to beat ourselves up with just a symptom to remember how ill we were - good luck every body

Comment

when i think of what i was like when drinking i cringe,alcohol played such a big part of my life,things i said & done are just a blur,& i thought i was great:yuk:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

i have neighbors who have only seen me blasted and i would love just once for them to know that is not really me. every time a holiday rolls around i seem to be off the wagon and show my butt...it is so embarrassing.....
                          I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
                          sober since 2/4/12

Comment

Working...
                          X