A moderation guide hyperlink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A link to a moderation guide which is quite helpful...

http://ncadi.samhsa.gov/govpubs/ph372/

I like it
    Enough is enough

Comment

Thanks CV

I believe this is a major departure from their earlier stance of total abstinence and am happy to see harm reduction is finally officially recognized as a worthy goal.

The International Center for Alcohol Policies says harm reduction measures are becoming increasingly widespread and "acknowledge that some patterns of alcohol consumption are compatible with a healthy lifestyle and may enhance individual and societal well being. At the same time, the approach also recognizes that other patterns of drinking, especially those that are reckless and excessive, have the potential to cause considerable harm."

I'm glad we have a place where individuals can find support, whichever path they choose.

Thanks again for the link.

RJ
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

Looks good in print... But I'm not sure how realistic it is. I know for me... When I really want to drink, IS when I'm angry or upset... It is good advise not to do it... BUT...:thanks: Worth a try...
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Working...
        X