Had rum and coke last night ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to confess. I'm feeling like such a fraud this morning. Going to have to change my signature. I'd been doing so well just having a beer, or not having one. Not sure if it was some freakish 30-day-itch or what, or maybe the depressing lack of sunshine (it's finally sunny today), but I've been almost obsessing about having a drink the last bunch of days.

I got weak.

And I paid for it. I went to sleep at 10:00 and woke up at midnight ... and didn't get back to sleep at ALL. Had anxiety all night long and kept needing to run to the bathroom (sorry, tmi), likely because of the giant cheesy sub I ate earlier that evening (100% a result of sneaking a couple of drinks before supper).

So, I'm feeling totally cr@ppy this morning .. and soooo freaking tired. I've decided that going completely AF is going to have to be my goal. I swore I wouldn't do this to myself again, but it's like it just took on a mind of its own. *sigh*

Thank you for listening to me complain.

Funny thing is ... in a thread in the last couple of weeks, someone "warned" me to beware that this might happen ... and I took that as great advice and thought I was really watching myself. I guess I wasn't.
    AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Hey Cat. Its not sooo bad, you know where you dont want to be dont you? And you've leaned another trigger point?
    Would it help to write down exactly how you feel right now for future ref?
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

(((((((((((Cat)))))))))))

Remember your own advice: keep on trying and hang in there.

You've been such an inspiration - hang in there!!!!
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Hi Cat, Dont be so hard on youeself, live and learn. Youve made so much progress. My grangfather was a gambler he always said you are really unlucky if you win. Sounds like you know what you dont want to do. Believe me this is all part of the process. Ive stopped and started so many times. your trying that's what counts!
        take care of yourself!

your mwo friend
        Sparrow

Comment

Hey 42. Don't feel bad about it. Your guilt and anger at yourself are just part of the alcohol that is still in your system. What a wicked enemy we all have! He tempts us and teases us and convinces us that our lives will be so much more fun if we will go ahead and have "just one or two" and then WHAM, we usually don't stop there and ALWAYS wake up the next morning wishing that things could be different and feeling bad about ourselves. What a liar this Alcohol Demon is! We've all been there, many many many times. But we are here in MWO to remind each other to try to stay strong starting today because it is really not worth it. Have a great day and tell yourself all day that you are a wonderful person, just imperfect like the rest of us.

Comment

Thanks, Start. Yes, writing it down would be great. Thanks for mentioning it. My first couple of weeks after tapering off and giving up the bottle-a-day of rum/vodka, I read and re-read my "first 4 days of tapering" on an almost daily basis, to remind myself how it felt. Thanks again.

Comment

hi cat weve all been there the more you worry the more chances youll give in again gyco

Comment

Oops, didn't see you others up there ... Thanks everyone ... Your words are so much appreciated.

Comment

oops 24 hours thats what you look at and do your best

Comment

Hey Cat, You know what I learned to do from having these little "bumps" along the road to sobriety ???
                    I learned to see them as TOOLS to remind be of what it was I DIDN'T want anymore !!!
                    I didn't want the feeling of being weak/failure/fraud and like a total piece of crap anymore.

Next time that drinking thinking comes along......remember how you are feeling right now and then it was a LEARNING TOOL and not a real blessing in disguise !!!
                    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

You're back on track. It was only one evening, not days or weeks.
                      What's with all the squirrels? I miss tigger and the pretty cat.

Comment

LOL @ Louise - go and check the Army Thread 9 July. All will be revealed!

Tigger will be back tomorrow - you're not hallucinating LOL

And Cat: chin up and cheer up - you're a wonderful person, and strong at that!
                        I'll do whatever it takes
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Yeah, I figured it out - figured is was you army guys. Nice thread, but I can never keep up with it. Good of you to all honor Starty that way - she has made great contributions here.

Comment

Heya cat sending a huge ((((((hug)))))
                            Dont beat yourself up babe.. Uve done real well and as louise says it wasn't days or weeks..
                            Ull get through this babe.. we're all here for you
                            ~I hope I didn't brain my damage~:crazymonkey:

Comment

(( hugs )) to you all.

Comment

Working...
                              X