Had rum and coke last night ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sabre-Cat, how're you doing today? Feeling better?
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Tip .. Thank you so much for asking. I'm doing really well today .. have a good outlook on sobriety today .. feeling really positive about letting alcohol "go" .. and I know that allowing myself to "just have a few" is not an option anymore. Been doing a lot of thinking today.

I have decided to try to re-train my thinking .. to get away from alcohol thoughts .. any alcohol-related ones .. Whether it's "I want a drink" OR "I don't want a drink" OR "I will never drink again" -- they're all alcohol-related thoughts and I want them ALL out of my head.

I want to think like a person who has no thoughts about alcohol at all, because he/she just doesn't care about it enough to think about it. Last month, I noticed that I actually stopped thinking about whether the liquor store was open .. as in "will I have enough time to stop in before anyone gets home?" ... Even though I had stopped stopping in, it still popped into my head. But then it started to go away, little by little. I want all of those thoughts gone.

I also realized that I don't get out enough. Out of the house, out of my comfort zone. Time to get myself out there and do some new things... whether they're on my own or not. Not sure what to do, but it's part of the plan.

Might take some time, but I know thinking can be changed with some effort. Hmmmm, I wonder if I can do some sort of self Cognitive Behavioural Therapy techniques? Might be worth a Google!

Cat is in deep thought mode today.

Thanks again for asking, Tip. ((hugs))
      AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

42cat;659836 wrote: Hey there, Grim. I would so love to do a 30-day. I don't want to drink again, ever.

I read somewhere (maybe on a thread on this site) that withdrawals (and hangovers?) are worse after you've stopped and started again. I don't know if that's true for everyone, but I felt like complete cr@p today. Don't want to ever do that to myself again. Ever.

D@mn AL .. Hate him.
        Cat, it is actually scientificly proven that it is true! Your brain receptors are starving for AL becasue they have been so deprived of the substance and want more! Your brain chemistry goes out of whack again

I cannot remember the whole thing, but I read that in one of the books, believe "Potatoes, not Prozac"
        "If I lost confidence in myself, I have the Universe against me"
        Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Cat! You can do this! I believe in you!

Comment

Hi Cat, at least now you know that you CAN do it. I can't get past the 7-8 day mark, but I'm not going to give up. I'll focus on improving my monthly AF days. And the others are right - you are such an inspiration. Keep going.
            make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

Catty.....I could'nt help myself.......I thought of this song when you mentioned drinking Rum and Coke-a-Cola.....Ha! ( Don't worry Cat.....you'll land on your feet again...after all your CAT ! IAD...)
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWY4_GyLufI[/video]]YouTube - The Andrews Sisters - Rum & Coca Cola
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
              X