Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started doing'

Heya everyone..
    Have started today doing this tapering...Ive had one drink, although i really wanted another one i didn't.. Instead, i have poured myself a pint of.......................................WATER
    Feel good thought and relising that this tapering will work better for me than going cold turkey :H
    ~I hope I didn't brain my damage~:crazymonkey:

Started doing'

Browneyez, power to ya! Nice job on the water. When I tapered, I found that adding water definitely helped the process. A squirt of lemon in warm water is also a nice change, if you're in the mood for something different. Or lemon in chamomile tea is fun and relaxing. (I've already had two cups of tea today .. and about 4 cups of water .. gotta get rid of this sleepy-headed hangover.)

Here's to a great day ... Keep posting on how it's going. Looking forward to hearing more as your taper goes along!
    AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Started doing'

Good luck, Brownz

The tapering is sometimes extremely tough. I found it beneficial to post my target on a thread on MWO, and report back on my progress. Not riveting stuff for others to read, but it kept me focussed on my goal!

Let us know how it's going!

Tip
      I'll do whatever it takes
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Started doing'

Thanks guys...boy, it is hard am used to having a drink and then before i now it
        I want another.. But so far so good..
        Cat; Ive got these tea's that are called morning detox.. has lemon, milkthistle and some other stuff in it.. I must admit ive tasted better but hey all in getting healthy ay.. Hope the hangover subsides. How much did u drink babe??
        Tip; hows your's going?
        ~I hope I didn't brain my damage~:crazymonkey:

Comment

Started doing'

That tea sounds good - I don't think I've ever found tea like that before. Did you get it in a health-type store? ... If it tastes weird, maybe you can flavour it up with a bit of lemon or something?

I drank about half a bottle (half of a fifth) between suppertime and 10:00 (bedtime). I've done worse damage in the past, but I guess after not having that much in awhile it really hit my body hard. Probably a good thing though.

Good thoughts to you today as you taper down. Keep that control and keep on posting .. and you'll get through it bit by bit .. babysteps!

Comment

Started doing'

Brownz,

When I posted here for the 1st time on 26 June, I was drinking a bottle of vodka (hidden) and a bottle of red wine (in the open) between the time I got home and blacking out...

Since then, I've tapered down progressively, to the point where I'm having two glasses of red wine every night. My last vodka (I dumped the bottle - yay!) was Friday week.

I've been taking up to 18000mg of L-Glutamine daily, plus B-Vitamins, milkthistle tablets and a few othe rthings - it really helped. Especially the L-Glut is good. I take 3000mg in the morning before work, 6000mg immediately when I get home (because I used to start drinking before even changing out of my work clothes). Another 3000mg before dinner, and then I see how the evening goes - sometimes I need more to suppress the cravings, other times it's better.

Hope that helps.

Tip
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Started doing'

Tip, I'm glad you brought up the L-glut today. I'd stopped taking mine some time back (thinking I didn't need it anymore), but I'm back at it today. In fact, it's about time to pick up another bottle - an errand to do on my way home from work this afternoon.

Comment

Started doing'

Hey, Brown .. how are you doing / feeling today? How'd you do by the end of the day yesterday? It took me a few days (during tapering) to get over the hump of feeling sicky with withdrawal symptoms, etc. Man, one night I sweated so much that my clothes were soaked, from top to bottom, my sheet and blanket were also soaked. I've never been that wet before. It was so weird ... but good too, in a way, as I knew it was my body letting go of the poison.

Check in when you get a chance.

Comment

Working...
                X