Day 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 12

Man am I glad to be here. After work I almost had myself convinced to go to a bar and drink. I am still fighting the urges but I will not cave. I made it 12 days. The first 10 was a breeze so why is it so tough now?

Course I didn't have the money until now but the past quits I have been going to craves w/o the money. But with you all I know that I can make it through without drinking. I just have to tell my drinking side to :durn: off.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Day 12

Alison, I also had a two week itch and could not understand why? Maybe there is something in the brain what takes place afte the interval? I felt so good and it was stupid to go back. I regret it now, but I am back on the wagon. I learned that one glass turns into a bottle. Silly me...
    "If I lost confidence in myself, I have the Universe against me"
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Day 12

Congrats on 12 days Alison.. and don't you DARE give in!

I think New Me may be right... not sure if it's in the brain or if it's the different recovery stages our bodies go through that bring on 'those' thoughts.

You hang in there, Alison... YOU'RE in control now!
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Day 12

Yeah plus tomorrow is a busy day. No room for a hangover.
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Day 12

I am only on day 3, but i also smoke and have quite that a time or 5. If being AF is anything like not smoking it takes about 30 days for it to get totally out of your system. but stay strong, think back to all those nights you drank, then woke up and how bad the hangover was. that's what keeps me going. that and how god awful i looked, and i am pretty ugly sober. good luck!

Comment

Day 12

Drifty Alison

I also relapsed after a two week period of AF time a few weeks back. It's definitely a danger spot. Just remember each time we get through a craving episode we set up a new pattern - one that gets stronger over time. Keep going. You're doing great x
            KAYLA

Current attitude towards addiction: Why ask why? Just accept that it is, and go from there ...

Comment

Working...
            X