The Bacolofen STRESS Test !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am walking into a UNKNOWN territory here and it feels SCARY.
    I have been sober for over a year but feel that I am on the verge of losing it.
    I had been doing GREAT since the Bac had flipped my OFF switch.
    I hadn't taken it for several weeks but started up again before vacation to get back up to my maintenance dose of 30mg daily.
    FINE ...then enter STRESS ...so I upped it to 40mg a day, (my stress dose).
    Now enter more MAJOR STRESS !!!
    I am starting today to add 10mg more (1 more tabs. every 3 days) till these CRAVINGS are quit ???:upset::upset::upset:
    I guess I will start by asking myself to give a number from 1 ~ 10 on how bad they are and track my progress that way. Right now it's about a 7 ???...last night was a 9 !!! My goal is to get back in the 2 ~ 3 range where I have been living very happily.
    I'm not sure how this is gonna work but the STRESS isn't gonna go away anytime soon so I have alittle time to see how it works.
    I thought that maybe some of you who are using this wonderful tool are also experimenting with how it works in this way ???
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Evie, its a great idea to up your dosage for now.
    Have you thought of taking Lglutamine too?
    Will meditating help any?
    I know you have probably thought of these things, but just in case....
    You will get thru this, you are tough Evie, stay focused.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Too many people in need Evie, for a good woman to go down. This is when you use your power's to rise. Eye on the prize my friend, eye on the prize...........

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I am using all the tools L Gtut/hypno Cd's even reread the MWO book to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything !!!
        I see it kinda like this.
        I am on a tight rope and the MWO program is a safety net to keep me from killing myself if I fall. The Baclofen is the balance pole that I am holding on to trying separating to keep my balance. I am FROZEN in fear at this point and standing here instead of moving forward is just making it more likely that I will fall ???
        Taking more Baclofen is a step forward ??? Make sense ??? I am not quite sure how else to put it but if I don't do something I"m about to fall !!!

The WORSE it gets the WORSE it gets ......and I'm the only one that can change that thought !!!
        I'm hoping Baclofen will give me the added strength to do that !!!

Comment

Evie, hang in there!!! Anxiety feeds on itself. Whatever you can do to break that grip should make you feel better - a bath, playing with animals, meditation, GABA, True Calm, camomile tea.... I've no experience with the Baclofen or swine flu, but I did have a bad case of menstrual cramps last week for the first time in ages which reminded me how utterly strong and wilful our bodies can be when they're doing their thing. Your body is so busy now fighting this flu. All you can do is try to help it along. You don't need to be anywhere or do anything or be there for anyone apart from DH. Don't pile any added stress on yourself, just focus on you. I don't mean to sound flippant, but sleep, Evie, as much as you can. I was trying deep breathing and all sorts to combat the pain last week, to no avail, until I managed to fall asleep between the 'waves'. The body used the downtime to sort itself out. You can't crave while you sleep. Sending Tinkerbell across the pond forthwith...:l

Comment

Thanks Pamina, I have Dental problems that can't be addressed until the flu has gone so SLEEP is elusive ? For me, the menstrual cramps are a BAD memory ...thank GOD !!!
            The best I have been able to manage is to sit and ROCK myself, in a rocker. Reminds me of being held in my grandmas arms !!!
            I feel as if I have had enough down time and am looking forward to being back out in the world ......I want my life back !!!

Comment

Evie, you have been such an inspiration to us all, so encouraging. I will really be rooting for you and wishing you well.

Comment

Working...
              X