A Baclofen ...Caution !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We were recently helping someone who was just starting out on the Baclofen healing journey. They were very excited by the results they had started to get.
    They were still drinking at the time and I think that is not unusual but, (quite common) in the early days.
    My caution comes in the dosing of it while still drinking.
    As alcoholics (at least for me) if 1 is good then 10 must be better !!!
    In the early days it would be wise to find a way to make sure that you are keeping accurate track of the amount you are taking and when you are taking it so you do not accidentally over dose !!! Baclofen is a long tested and well tolerated medication BUT better to be safe than sorry.
    I think this is an important point that NEEDS to be made !!!
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Evie, you are always so kind and looking out for those who are earlier in their paths! Good advice!!

Comment

That's a good point... I guess you mean if we are drinking we might not have such good judgement, or just plain forget what we have taken? I always keep track of my supps (when you take as many supps as I do, you have to keep track of them!), so I will do the same when I get the Baclofen.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Beatle, It looks like that's is what happened and I don't want to see anyone else accidentally do that !!!

Comment

Evie,

OMG. Is your friend okay?

Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Yeah, they are OK but got nausea and are alittle afraid of the Baclofen now, as you can imagine !!!
            It's something that I NEVER would have thought of and I am so glad that Baclofen is relatively mild medication. The same thing could happen with a RX from a doctor. Alcohol impairs the judgment.
            I just don't want to see anyone else do the same thing....if we can avoid it.

Comment

Evie, Maybe you should post this on the meds forum as well? Some people only look at one forum (I myself only pop into General Discussion once in a while)... and all those taking the meds should be warned about this.
              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

beatle;662100 wrote: Evie, Maybe you should post this on the meds forum as well? Some people only look at one forum (I myself only pop into General Discussion once in a while)... and all those taking the meds should be warned about this.
                Good idea my friend.......GOOD IDEA !!!

Comment

Good precaution Evie, not good to dose up too fast.
                  Not sure how much they drank, but that can cause nausea too - the baclofen may have just amplified it. Someone who got it by prescription says it says to take it after eating. And it does say don't drink with it (not that that ever stops most of us).
                  If ordering from 4rx it comes in blister packs so it is easy to just cut off the correct number of pills for the day and put the rest away. Also, be sure to spread out doses at least 3x a day so not taking a large dose at once.
                  I don't want people put off this if they are at wit's end because many are having good results and side effects are minimal and/or go away as body adjusts or dose is decreased slightly.

Comment

Louise, I sure don't want people to be put off either !!!
                    I can't speak highly enough about Baclofen and anyone who is still struggling would do themselves a GREAT favor to try it.
                    There is very little that they have to lose and a LIFETIME of joyful freedom to gain !!!
                    That is a wonderful idea about cutting off your daily supply.
                    I was trying to think of an easy way to do it and that is PERFECT !!!
                    Thanks sooo much !!!

Comment

hey evie thanks, i myself got nauteous and get nauteous-even if im sober taking it.. i started out slowly though. 5mg three times a day, on day four, did ten today. same feeling, a slight nausea drinking or not.. im sensitive to medication. i have a weak stomach. if i ever take painkillers such as vicodin or percocet, im always nauteous and usually vomit. so everyones different. but def have to be cauteous. ur say right about ones good more must be better , we all alcoholics must think the same! haha

Comment

Working...
                      X