20 months 20 days
    STRONG AND LIVING LIFE ON LIFE'S
    TERMS
    AND PASSING MOST TEST
    THAT ARE THROWN AT ME
    STAY STRONG AND KEEP THINKING POSITIVE
    LETS MAKE THIS
    THE YEAR OF CHANGE
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

NO RULES ..JUST SHOUT OUT SUNDAY

I AM GLAD TO BE HUNGOVER FREE ON SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Hi All

1 year +
      Living a healthy and sober life. The further away from al the easier it does become.Make NOT DRINKING the most important thing you do each day.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
      AF 5-16-08
      Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
      AF 5-16-08

Comment

1 year and 3 days....I never want to live any other way...
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Congratulations on long term sobriety. I am on Day 8. Although I doubt that it feels as good as 20 months (wow!), it does feel good.

Comment

Another week of peace and learning who I am and what I want to be.
            Watching as the world evolves as one day leads to the next with little pain.
            Easy sleeps and quiet thoughts; of friends, some gone, some here, some never to be seen again.
            Remembering the barren waste that was my life, and planting seeds of joy and hope to harvest when the time is right, and they are ripe with promise.
            Finding purpose in confusion. Knowing that there is life after drink and solitude is not so bad.
            Contentment? Maybe not, but it's not so far away. I have given myself a chance to find it and I will.

Comment

1 year, 5 months and 4 days of Sobriety!

Prancy, every AF day is golden, whether 1 or a thousand.

Popeye, you're quite the poet mate.

Sobriety is hip, slick, sexy, sporty, intelligent and sublime
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Today is 13 months and 12 days.....soberiety is so important for all of our lifes struggles...thankful for that......congradulations to all ...... make today count!!!
                :heart:AF since May 31 2008.....Happy and Healthy

Comment

Hello all I feel like a good shout today so: ITS 62 DAYS AF AND COUNTING

Well done to all who posted before me and will do so after.
                  Positive is the only way to think Tlrgs. Anything else is a waste of valuable time imo.
                  Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

50 days today! I love all the "round" numbers that I am racking up. All the AF days are important but the 30, 40, 50 mean a little more to me somehow.

Now I'm looking forward to when I can start counting the full months of sobriety...I guess in another 10 days I can say "two months" so that will be a treat!

Ktab, you are 2 months plus 2 days today, well done!!! :goodjob:

Comment

what an awesome turn out sunday shout out .. doesnt it feel great to just let it out ..and be proud of what you are doing for yourself great job everyone and all that follow ..
                      so enjoy your week ahead .. it has only just become

Comment

Well, I am not AF today, but in much better shape than I would normally be on a Sunday. We went to a graduation party, where I assumed there would be plenty of beer and homemade plum liquor, because that was always the case in the past (my best friend from HS and her Romanian husband). Well, there was none of that, just AF bevs (pop, water, lemonade, etc.). I squirmed for about 10 minutes, but then was totally fine! It felt weird but good! We then went to my in-laws, where I had a few beers, but then they were gone, so that was the end of that. So I know tonight I will go to bed clearer headed than usual. Not much, maybe, but I need baby steps -- still. So that is my shout-out Sunday. Thanks T for doing this thread each week.

Comment

CS04;662998 wrote: Well, I am not AF today, but in much better shape than I would normally be on a Sunday. We went to a graduation party, where I assumed there would be plenty of beer and homemade plum liquor, because that was always the case in the past (my best friend from HS and her Romanian husband). Well, there was none of that, just AF bevs (pop, water, lemonade, etc.). I squirmed for about 10 minutes, but then was totally fine! It felt weird but good! We then went to my in-laws, where I had a few beers, but then they were gone, so that was the end of that. So I know tonight I will go to bed clearer headed than usual. Not much, maybe, but I need baby steps -- still. So that is my shout-out Sunday. Thanks T for doing this thread each week.
                          everything you do is progress and great job girlfriend

Comment

18days af for me and feeling good inside.
                            Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                            sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                            my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Working...
                            X