Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MWO members in job seeking mode

Not from me, you will get no grief.
    I am having a hard time staying motivated and doing work, so let's keep each other in check. Sent one resume today, wrote a good letter and need to do more.
    I feel like Iam over the hump with AL - no cravings here, but my goal was not to just stop drinking but start living a productive life.
    My last boss was a non-drinker, but our job involved socializing and I drank with the clients. Not too any excess, but she did not. I wonder if she was an alcoholic and noticed that I darnk to much, becasue she told me that she has no more work for me, in spite the client's foundness om my work.
    "If I lost confidence in myself, I have the Universe against me"
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Linked in

This is a good resource on how to create a good Linked in profile:
      LinkedIn for Executive Job Search - Job-Hunt.org
      Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Thank you New...In your experience is LinkedIn effective. I have heard mixed reports. I have actually not use d it

Comment

Yes and now.
          I only got one call becasue of that. But I know recruiters are paying increasing attention. It is also a good tool to get in touch with people with whom you lost contact. You never know whom you may need tomorrow and vice versa. Also, they have a multitude of groups which you can join in your field, and that's a good way to keep updated on what others are doing. Almost evey school has an alumni group. For me, it has been fun way of keeping in touch with my contacts. As they say, networking is the key.
          I hope this helps.
          Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Sheri, these are great resources - I am sure the members will appreciate you posting them. Now, we need some success stories, both on drinking and working sides!
            Thnak you, Sheri
            Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
            X