Integrated Breathwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Integrated Breathwork

By merging the inhale with the exhale and relaxing on the exhale, we create an increase in energy in our bodies. As this build up occurs we become conscious of suppressed feelings and thoughts, which are probably holding us back in life. As children we suppress emotions by holding our breath.

Most feelings are not allowed in our families, so we try to stop feeling them to stick by the rules our families make. Integrated breathwork gives us access into parts of ourselves we have forgotten about. As well as anger, sadness and grief we also have joy, happiness and peace locked inside us.

Integrated breathwork removes the blocks to living a more purposeful and happy life. We cannot put this process into a box, it is ever expansive, and the list of experiences is ongoing. From past life to deep spiritual experiences integrative breathwork is truly a life changing experience. It has been said that one quality breathwork session is equivalent to two years of psychotherapy.

I've just completed a soul recovery workshop this week-end that included 2 of these sessions which last for an hour each. It has to be one of the most amazing and rewarding experiences of my life. I'm physically and emotionally drained at present but the range of emotions I felt was unbelieavable. The intensity of those feelings was so overwhelming at times and I found myself completely out of my body at various times during the hour in a state of complete Euphoria. That's not to say I didn't have to go through the pain of feeling some very harsh and intense negative emotions that left me in tears. If anyone ever gets an opportunity to do any of this type of work I would highly recommend you grab it with both hands. It has completely changed my life and I can honestly say although I feel very raw and emotional and a bit vulnerable still; there is an underlying peace there that I have never felt before.

Peace and Love
    Phil
    xx
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Integrated Breathwork

Hi Phil,
    I have heard of this. It seems to have had a profound effect on you.
    I will look into it further.
    I'm finding myself more and more drawn to finding release for my emotional strains. They are there and I am trying to deal with them and finding some success in meditative practice and some simple breathing exercises. Nothing very deep at the moment, but I'm amazed at how even these simple therapies learned from books and websites have improved my overall sense of wellbeing.
    Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Comment

Integrated Breathwork

Hippie-- great to see you again! (Have you been away for a long time, or is it just me who has been scarce?)

Your experience sounds amazing. I wonder if you could share the name of the group or workshop you write about? Is Soul Recovery the name, or a term? I'm asking because I don't know how else to seek out what you have experienced.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
      X