King of Pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King of Pain

I guess that's the one area where I can claim to excel. It just seems to never end.

I'm out of work, bills are piling up, and I'm seriously considering buying a tent and taking myself with the truck to a place where I can rent a space for as little as possible.

I'll sleep out of the back of my pickup and hopefully, just hopefully with my laptop be able to find some work to sustain.

Sorry for the rant. I'm just about at my wits end.
    I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

King of Pain

Don't be sorry. I know how you feel- My husband is out of work and we have a repossesion hearing next week- its terrifying. Its so hard to see a way out. I just keep telling myself.. this too will pass.

Comment

King of Pain

Sad,

We have started out of work thread on "general discussion." Join us and get motivated. I can see no other way for me. No one will come to pay the bills, or give me work unless I find it. Drinking only makes everything worse.
      You have done so well over the weekend. Keep going!
      "If I lost confidence in myself, I have the Universe against me"
      Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

King of Pain

Sad,
        it is a scary place, I agree. Serenity has given sound advice, "this too shall pass". I say that with utmost respect and love, as I am not in your position. I do understand financial anxiety though. It is frightening.

One of my most blinding flashes of awakening came when my bank manager looked at me and shook his head in disapproval, "you credit rating is very bad", he said.

It was as though I had commited a mortal sin... then it came to me that credit rating was all about the banks needs and benefits and for me it was a load of crock. It was all about them, nothing about me, it was not a measurement of my worth and they were the ones who should have been blushing in shame.

Hang in there sad...

Comment

King of Pain

I'm hanging all. All of the hard work I have put in over the decades and my service in the Army seems to mean nothing; nothing at all. It seems that it was all worthless. I risked my life in Army combat and suffered life threatening situations (broken bones, bullet wounds, and the like) but that seems to mean nothing.... nothing at all. The Government that I served for over six years won't even help. It's as if I never existed.

I truly appreciate your support people. Please don't think that I don't. I apologize for the rant.
          I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Comment

King of Pain

Hey So,
            I'm sorry to hear you're feeling down. Many of us here, have been to our own hell and back. I can tell you, that there is a way out, and just you being here, on this site, is a positive step. Whatever you do, hang in there. For me, the ONLY and best thing i could do for myself, was to stop drinking, and stay stopped. Easy to say, i know. A lot of the negative thinking, depression, anxiety, will lift without the booze, which is a depressant, and brings us down, even more than our circumstances otherwise would. I wish you the very best on your journey, and i just say to you, that i hear you, and you can change this. If a tent is the way, and no-one else is getting hurt, and your home is not at risk, etc, why not go for it? If that would mean less stress for you? The main thing, and priority, for me, would be to tackle the grog firstly, then good stuff slowly start's to happen. And would you consider a name change?....maybe something like...'Brand new day' or something? Hope you can turn things around friend.
            Best wishes, and hang in there............G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

King of Pain

Bless you So, you sound so very low right now.
              No need to aplogize for talking about it, sometimes it helps a bit just to be able to say what we are feeling.
              I know you are in a bad place right now on all sorts of levels. But trust me when I say this, drinking is making it ten times worse. The anxiety, depression and worry are all exacerbated by alcohol.
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

King of Pain

:upset:

Comment

King of Pain

Heres a big hug, I know its probably not much use to you. But maybe it will help a little
                  :l
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

King of Pain

So, what IS worse is constant bodily pain. Or look at the little ones, born with such infirmities they will never recover, yet a stupid clown makes them smile. YOU made them safe, to have the time to try the treatments, and see that STUPID clown. My Daddy was shipped (at not-quite-18) when I was not-quite-born, to Korea, during their 'conflict'. That was the only 'job' available. Three tours later, and 2 toes, really, he came home to scratch and dig out a place, a home, a family. Yeah, its tough. But I knew him. Its hard to make me cry.
                    Rubes
                    sigpic
                    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

King of Pain

rubywillow;663594 wrote: So, what IS worse is constant bodily pain. Or look at the little ones, born with such infirmities they will never recover, yet a stupid clown makes them smile. YOU made them safe, to have the time to try the treatments, and see that STUPID clown. My Daddy was shipped (at not-quite-18) when I was not-quite-born, to Korea, during their 'conflict'. That was the only 'job' available. Three tours later, and 2 toes, really, he came home to scratch and dig out a place, a home, a family. Yeah, its tough. But I knew him. Its hard to make me cry.
                      Rubes
                      I did what I could willow. I would never take back my service to the counry in which I love.

Thank you.

Comment

King of Pain

Sosad...i work for a major bank. i for the first time in my adult life which is 24 years am behind on bills. the funny thing is im behind because i am trying to pay a mortgage for a home my husband (who i left) wont give up and rent and all my expenses. im feeling very overwhelmed. but this too will pass is right. credit ratings get cured. they really do. i have to remember that and so do you. please hang with us

Comment

King of Pain

You people are the thread that I am hanging by. I feel blessed by finding this site.

Comment

King of Pain

Sosad, I don't have any words of wisdom, but please don't apologize. It sounds like you are in a very tough place right now. But please don't feel all you did was for nothing. I hope things get better for you soon.

Comment

Working...
                            X