Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE NEXT DAY THREAD Tuesday 14th July

Haaaaaa ! Beat yuz........
    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Yeah, but I got my 1,000th post on the Next Day thread... or was this a waste of a significant post that was suppposed to be a D&M threadstarter?

Comment

Hi Bridget & Rags and everyone else
      Well done rags on your 1000 posts great job
      Bridget...damn you got here before me, well at least I am up, showered, dressed and am now on my 3rd coffee so I am wide awake.
      I am waiting for my friend to come round so that she can take my kids to her house for the day, then I have the lovely job of going food shopping although I have got to get my boys thier birthday cards.
      Very bad planning as my youngest boys birthday is 22 july and my oldest is on 23 july, so that means one party this saturday and another next saturday....loads of money.....
      :dancin: enguin:
      starting over

Comment

Hi Bridge, Rags, Ronnie and all to come.

Bridge - is it not school hols - you should be hibernating!

Ronnie - kids parties - a massive trigger for me! Do you still have to do party bags?

I have to confess I had a glass of wine last night, out, with dinner. No rhyme nor reason, but then they brought a second glass - it was happy hour and one for one. I didn't drink it! so negative and positive??

Bets
        Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Hi Betts - well done for sticking at the one girlie, god if that was me there would be no way that I would of just had one, so good job
          The party people do thier own party bags - thank god, I used to hate doing them when I was in England, plus they cost a fortune to fill up....
          starting over

Comment

Hi ALL
            Rags....don't be a big girl.....go start your 1000 post D&M thread....goo on.....
            Hi Rons.....don't get me started on kiddy party politics and protocols......most of mine were combined parties for both boys.......well purportedly for the kids ....but they were far outnumbered by my pisshead adult friends....the REAL occasion.
            Hi Betts...I reckon you've done well to stop at one. Were you planning to moderate eventually ?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hi Bridget
              I usualy had to much of a hangover to drink at my kids party from the night before...... but not anymore!!!!
              I am STILL waiting for my friend to come and get my kids....... at this rate I will get nothing done !!!!!
              I hate having to wait on other people.................
              starting over

Comment

STILL WAITING..............................
                starting over

Comment

Ah well she has to keep them until teatime at least!

Bridge - since I did my 30 days I suppose that yes, I have been moderating. I've generally done ok, but really feel the need for some AF time after my Dad's visit. It's funny but I really didn't want that 2nd glass last night, and I can now keep wine in the house without thinking about it constantly - so progress I think.

Bets
                  x
                  Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

I agree Betts, I call that progress. Especially the thing about keeping booze in the house. There's NO WAY I could do that. I would just stalk it until I came up with an excuse to imbibe. I haven't got a moderate bone in my body....
                    Oh for God's sake Rons....call the woman or I will...
                    I continue to be nothing short of ASTONISHED at what I can acheive in a day when I'm not hung over.
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

AT LAST.....
                      They have gone............... right im off to do some shopping
                      Will check in later
                      starting over

Comment

My god....I cant believe it, I have just got in from shopping and now I will have to pick them up soon.......
                        Mind you the eldest one is sleeping over at her house, and I am out tonight so hubby can have the other two winging all night ha ha
                        Hope everyone is having a nice day
                        starting over

Comment

Oh Good Christ.
                          I just received a message about my best friend in another state, from a mutual friend, saying he needs to talk to me about her drinking, and thinks she might have a serious drinking problem after 'an incident' last weekend....no news to me unfortunately.
                          I can't even imagine what it is this time. The sad thing is that this girl and I have actively 'egged' each other on for years now, as you do when still convinced that it's all just one hilarious, consequence free adventure after another.
                          Ironically, he seems to think he's pulling in the big guns by calling ME........Patsy fecking Stone........
                          I can't even face it til tomorrow I'm afraid. What a disease.
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Bridget
                            Be careful that you dont put yourself in danger (drink wise), what you have to remember is that you come first in recovery before you can help some-one else - if that makes sense
                            Good luck Bridget
                            starting over

Comment

Evening all!
                              Good going Betty. Ronnie makes a good point, Bridget, re- our own recovery firstly, and it's important in the early, difficult af day's, to try not to have too much emotional turmoil/feck with our equilibrium, etc, but on the other hand, i'm sure you'd have a few cold hard facts from personal experience to relay too, as in, the progressiveness of this disease/affliction, and the associated, ever increasing risk of death, (and it is a slow death/suicide) also the benifits, and challenges of being af. I suppose he's hoping you'll talk to your friend, which must be awkward too.
                              But i reckon he's right. He has brought in 'the big gun's'...You!....;-)
                              Good luck!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                              X