I made it through the 1st day with MWO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opal;665327 wrote: Well done on getting to day 4 Changed. By the time you get to day 6 you should be feeling a bit more human alright. My doctor warned me that it could take 10 to 14 days to get a decent sleep pattern back. Your doing well, keep it up.:goodjob:
    Thanks - about sleep. Yes, I got four hours last night/this morning (it's 4 a.m. where I am). For me it's usually at 10 days. In the meantime, my Dr. has been prescribing me Lunesta for the past couple of years, although he might be cutting me off. It's good for four hours of sleep. Then I usually get up and take another half a pill. Just took 3 mg of Melatonin but decided to make coffee and clean instead.

One thing I've really realized is that alcohol messes big time with sleep, which is another reason I want to stop. It's not worth erratic sleep patterns. Before, I used to sleep a whole night with it (more like pass out on several occasions). Now it just really ruins sleep at all. Happy Friday where you are!
    ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

Yahoo Changed!! You are on a roll!!
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Nice job!
        AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Ok everyone, this may seem silly, but today knowing that I was going to check in here kept me from drinking. I am now on day 5. If I make it through today this will be the first time in a very long time I get through 5 days without a drink. Fingers crossed. Today was really tough and I came close to drinking. I went through all my clothes to donate and came across some shimmery, shiny holiday tops. I then started thinking of the holidays and what if I am alone. Anyway, that was enough to make me think of a drink. No, I didn't pull my emergency bottle down from the shelf, as I knew I wanted to type this tonight which is now tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for being so nice here. I figure things will get easier and I won't have to hang on by a thread.
          ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

This isnt silly at all. Checking in here is a great idea and it works for me too.
            You will get triggers from time to time that make you want to drink. The key is to look for ways to deal with them. Know that they will pass and each time you beat one, you get stronger.
            In my early AF days I was having triggers many times a day. Now I go weeks or maybe even months without a trigger. It will get easier as the benefits of sobriety start to shine through.
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

hi change i just seen your thread,congrats on the one day , which is 5 now,sobriety is a change,think of it as walking a tight rope at 1st,alone,without the balance beam you have greater chance of falling,think of us ,as the balance beam,i beleive the word is support,as you move on in your sobriety there will be many road blocks,but always remember there is no such a thing as failure,i do wish you well gyco

Comment

Working...
              X