USA..Tell us YOUR NEWS Today !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh YES !!! the good old USA.....born and breed.
    How about you ??? Over the 4th of July I got to thinking how lucky I felt for that to be TRUE !!
    There are many other daily threads that "stop" just when we are getting up and going. When it's 10pm and their heading to bed in the UK it's only 5pm here on the EAST coast and an early 1pm in the WEST. People have PMed asking me what to do ??? They get home from work and no ones on their daily thread to express the feelings (of their day) to, So....
    I was wondering if there is enough interest to keep a daily thread going for US (foreign visitors are always WELCOME).......after all (we are the melting pot) right ???
    If you all FEEL the ?Spirit of AMERICA? (from SEA to Shining SEA) put on your red/white and blue...grab a slice of apple pie and tell us what is NEWS for you today ???:welcome::welcome::welcome::
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Elephants easily outeat humans in contest

NEW YORK (AP) — In the fight of pachyderms vs. people — the pachyderms now have the upper trunk.

Three circus elephants scored a decisive victory over three human competitive eaters at a cross-species eating contest Friday, chomping down on 505 hot dog buns in six minutes. The humans forced down only 143 buns in the bout at Brooklyn's Coney Island.

The elephants, Bunny, Susie and Minnie — all in their 40s — ate at what appeared to be a leisurely pace from behind a table piled high with buns. They even paused to eat some fresh fruit, which was not counted toward scoring.

Their human competitors were far more focused. Eric "Badlands" Booker, a New York City subway conductor who is the world champion in corned beef hash eating, took a double-fisted approach, dipping two buns at once into liquid to make them go down easier.

Juliet Lee, a petite 43-year-old who started the contest with her midriff exposed, pushed several buns into her stretched mouth simultaneously. Originally from China, Lee is the world cranberry sauce champion, a title she won by eating 13.23 pounds of the sauce in eight minutes.

Picked up this little story curtesy of USA Today.....IAD
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

IAD, LOL...........WOW !!!.....Just what we need........an Eagle eyed "ACE" reporter that KNOWS how to use a CAMERA !!! Great !!!!!!!!!

Comment

WOW! Talk about a melting pot...NYC does have it all...LOL!!
        :l
        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Hi Evie and Iad,
          Top of the morning to you both. We have a beautiful day here in the Southwest USA. It's starting out in the 50s and only going up to about 85F. I will savor today because it will be 100F by Friday!

This weekend we have our local Pioneer festival and it will be scorching all around. Here in Utah there is a State holiday on July 24th to commenorate the Pioneers coming in the settle the Salt Lake Valley. Everything is closed to mark the occasion. People around the country trying to do business with us Utahns on that date don't understand why we all have our offices closed!!! I enjoy having an extra day off!! So, don't try to call my office next Fri!!

Love to all, Krigs
          "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

OMG ....our first foreign visitors .......YICKS !!!!
            Oh YES !!! the good old USA.....born and breed.
            How about you ??? Over the 4th of July I got to thinking how lucky I felt for that to be TRUE !
            Attached files [img]/converted_files/962471=5045-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Hi LTG, Cross Posted...sorry about that.
              How are things in your big state?
              "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

PETALUMA, Calif. (AP) — A prominent under-bite, scrunched face and floppy ears are the hallmarks of a winner. The winner of the World's Ugliest Dog contest, that is. Pabst, a boxer-mix rescued from a shelter by Miles Egstad of Citrus Heights, Calif., won the annual contest on Friday at the Sonoma-Marin Fair in Northern California. It was an upset victory for Pabst, who beat former champion Rascal, a pedigree Chinese Crested. Pabst's owner took home $1,600 in prize money, pet supplies and a modeling contract with House of Dog. Miss Ellie, a blind 15-year-old Chinese Crested Hairless, won the pedigree category. Another story to get us started.......IAD courtesy of our friends @ USA Today.
                ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

NYC... Love the pizza !!!
                  Krigs, can i come to the festival ???
                  I'm a pioneer .....or I have a pioneer outfit I bought from an on~line site selling "Little house on the prairie" memorabilia ..
                  Same thing, in a way ???

Comment

IAD..........Please No TEETH pictures allowed
                    The Dentist is waiting for me .......first thing tomorrow morning.

Comment

Kriger, great celebration! Enjoy it
                      It's like 104 here this week. We have been having little earthquakes this year. Some think it's because of the increased drilling for natural gas of late.
                      On the patriotic side of things, the city expanded the Veterans Memorial Park just before Memorial Day.
                      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

IAD, I am from Petaluma! How funny!
                        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Evie,
                          I would be honored to have you attend our Pioneer Days festival!!! Are you able to leave your house today, hun?

Comment

LTG,
                            What happened to your plan to move to FL?

Comment

Kriger, husbo's job didn't get posted by the gov. We have to wait on that but still on the horizon.
                              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X