USA..Tell us YOUR NEWS Today !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evielou, during my backpacking days (in CA) I always had boots with yellow vibram in the soles. Check Overstock.com: Online Shopping - Bedding, Furniture, Electronics, Jewelry, Clothing & more , Sports Authority, Bass Pro, or Dick's Sporting Goods.
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Oh Lil that cardboard link is soooo San Francisco...LOL!!
      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

LookingToGrow;664222 wrote: Evielou, during my backpacking days (in CA) I always had boots with yellow vibram in the soles. Check Overstock.com: Online Shopping - Bedding, Furniture, Electronics, Jewelry, Clothing & more , Sports Authority, Bass Pro, or Dick's Sporting Goods.
        I just checked ot over stock link.........WOW !!!

Amazing stuff and cheap too !!!

Thinking of getting some sneaker boots.
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I recently purchase some wicker furniture from them. I love it!
          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

IAD;664005 wrote: Elephants easily outeat humans in contest

NEW YORK (AP) ? In the fight of pachyderms vs. people ? the pachyderms now have the upper trunk.

Three circus elephants scored a decisive victory over three human competitive eaters at a cross-species eating contest Friday, chomping down on 505 hot dog buns in six minutes. The humans forced down only 143 buns in the bout at Brooklyn's Coney Island.

The elephants, Bunny, Susie and Minnie ? all in their 40s ? ate at what appeared to be a leisurely pace from behind a table piled high with buns. They even paused to eat some fresh fruit, which was not counted toward scoring.

Their human competitors were far more focused. Eric "Badlands" Booker, a New York City subway conductor who is the world champion in corned beef hash eating, took a double-fisted approach, dipping two buns at once into liquid to make them go down easier.

Juliet Lee, a petite 43-year-old who started the contest with her midriff exposed, pushed several buns into her stretched mouth simultaneously. Originally from China, Lee is the world cranberry sauce champion, a title she won by eating 13.23 pounds of the sauce in eight minutes.

Picked up this little story curtesy of USA Today.....IAD

Thanks for the coverage..."ACE"
            How I must say it was very inspiring for WHAT"S on the menu TODAY !!!
            Fresh fruit for lunch and....you guested it Coney Island DOGS for din~din........LOL

Comment

Evie, re: Esalen, all I can say is "ooooooooooooo..." that looks really nice! I love the area and have bookmarked the page in my "must do" trips folder. Thank you for the link. I'm relaxing from just thinking about it. Yes, I went to Maui -- and loved it! Stayed on the southwestern end of the island because (duh) I hoped to see some whales, and found out later their migration occurs at a diff. time of year. The island was spectacular, though. I want to go back.

Heehee, Looking, I wish you could join me for the cardboard tournament! I did the flash mob pillow fight last year (a bunch of strangers converge at a designated time and spontaneously engage in a pillow fight.) It was a blast. People were laughing hysterically and feathers were flying! Fifteen minutes later, it was all over and everyone walked home looking like a bunch of white chickens.

IAD and Evie - it's funny that the elephants seem to be smarter than the people. They ate the fruit while the humans filled up on the "garbage." We could learn a lot from our four-footed pals. :H
              "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Lilbit, The whales don't get into Lahina til mid Dec. I think...Usually.
                We were there Dec. 3rd and Hubby as looking out the plane window and saw one
                WOW.The stewardess said it was the first one she had seen that season ???
                Not sure if she was just trying to make him feel good cause it was his FIRST ever whale sighting, but he'll never forget it !!!

Beware ...they go in the nude at the "massage center" at Easlen.
                Some friends of ours went and they are kinda prudish......they nearly fainted when they walked down the hill and almost everyone was nude.......(the men there, had white, white wieners) AT LEAST...that's is what she said ??? LOL

Comment

Lil, was the pillow fight in GG park as well? I use to take my kids down there to rollerblade with our dogs...LOL!!
                  Whale watching is awesome! I got to do some in Mexico and we saw dolphins as well. Way too cool
                  LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

IAD;664018 wrote: PETALUMA, Calif. (AP) ? A prominent under-bite, scrunched face and floppy ears are the hallmarks of a winner. The winner of the World's Ugliest Dog contest, that is. Pabst, a boxer-mix rescued from a shelter by Miles Egstad of Citrus Heights, Calif., won the annual contest on Friday at the Sonoma-Marin Fair in Northern California. It was an upset victory for Pabst, who beat former champion Rascal, a pedigree Chinese Crested. Pabst's owner took home $1,600 in prize money, pet supplies and a modeling contract with House of Dog. Miss Ellie, a blind 15-year-old Chinese Crested Hairless, won the pedigree category. Another story to get us started.......IAD courtesy of our friends @ USA Today.
                    IAD, my kids and 2 of my grandsons were at this fair...LOL!! They also had a sea lion on display this year.
                    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

OMG..............just reminded me again. Dentist at 8am.............YICKS
                      I pray me teeth don't look like that when I'm done ?

LTG, We saw a sea lion act at marine-land Niagara last month. man oh man that thing could sure play the horn !

Going to the chapel for Colbe now....Ta ta

Comment

Evie, thanks for the heads up about the nudity. Believe me, I've seen plenty of that here in SF (don't even talk about Bay to Breakers) but it helps to know ahead of time when there's a "White Weeny Alert." And don't worry, your teeth will look just LOVELY! It will all be behind you soon.

Looking, the pillow fight was at Justin Herman Plaza, across from the Ferry Building. I love GG Park too, though. 'Watched my BF play soccer there at the polo fields many times. The windmill and tulips are enchanting.

To prayers for Colbe myself, now. Take care, everyone.
                        "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

LilBit;664306 wrote: Evie, thanks for the heads up about the nudity. Believe me, I've seen plenty of that here in SF (don't even talk about Bay to Breakers) but it helps to know ahead of time when there's a "White Weeny Alert." And don't worry, your teeth will look just LOVELY! It will all be behind you soon.

Looking, the pillow fight was at Justin Herman Plaza, across from the Ferry Building. I love GG Park too, though. 'Watched my BF play soccer there at the polo fields many times. The windmill and tulips are enchanting.

To prayers for Colbe myself, now. Take care, everyone.
                          That link is too damn funny...LOL!! My oldest son lives in SF. My other 2 are up north in Rhonert Park. I lived in Pacifica and Petaluma. Half Moon Bay area is nice also. Love Carmel and Monterey for backpacking - before I got married and had kids...LOL!!
                          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

LOL...all those feathers flying remind of the last time we were in SF going to visit the Art Galleries so we were right downtown (by the convention center) and there was a "Gay pride" parade.
                            The streets were filled with GORGEOUS GAYS ...alot wearing little more than Feather Boas.
                            A fight broke out and there were feathers flying every where.
                            I was just sober at the time and had real BAD cravings. I finally found a health food store and got some powdered L glut under my tongue .
                            Have no idea why that fight set me into the drinking MOD ???

Comment

There's a nudist colony called Serendipity a few miles from our cabin. It's been there about 20 years, and is VERY popular! So funny for such a conservative area; up until a few months ago you couldn't even by beer or wine there, but you could swim naked at the Park!! LOL
                              sigpic
                              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Naked .........yet sober (works for me) !!!...........LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X