USA..What's NEW with YOU... Today ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Day to you.
    This is a new daily thread that I have started to give YOU a place to talk about what's NEW with you !!!
    Tell us what's on YOUR mind ? What's NEW in your world?
    What's your plan for sobriety?
    We are interested in YOU and YOUR recovery !!!
    So I will give it alittle shove and see if it flies?

What's NEW for me is I'm happily off to the dentist this morning...YEAH !!! Enough of this pain...out they come.

Then back to open the shop and check the rooms to see if all is ready for Guests to arrive.
    WOW...It seems so good to be back in the world after weeks of isolation from the Flu.

My sobriety plan is pretty much the same as it's been for the passed YEAR plus (other than my Baclofen dose is slightly higher)..
    It's just the basic diet/exercise and sups as I have since I learned them thru the MWO program and I am on 50mg of Baclofen daily. ~~10mg first thing in the morning ~~ 20mg mid day ~~ and 20mg before bed.

Enough about ME...ALREADY..........LOL

So, Please SHARE with us ...What's NEW ?
    Ask questions...many minds together ...maybe we can ALL help you figure it out (or at least I AM here, to lend a open ear) :h: :h :h !!!
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

# Photos: Mini Chihuahua 2 lb crime fighter

# Photos: Mini Chihuahua 2 lb crime fighter

GEAUGA COUNTY -- In Geauga County, there is a new K-9 deputy on patrol. But when it comes to taking a bite out of crime, this deputy dog will be taking very small portions.

For the last seven years, there has been one top dog in the Geauga County Sheriff's Department - Brutus, the big German Shepherd has been the go-to canine.

But that's about to change.

Here comes "Midge? ... two pounds of raw recruit police power.

It's a 3-month-old miniature Chihuahua with a little Rat Terrier mixed in, who has one major talent right now.

?She is cute," Geauga Sheriff Dan McClelland said. "She is little. She's very friendly. She likes people a lot.?

Midge, in her little uniform, is already patrolling the hallways at the county jail and the sheriff has plans to train her as the smallest drug dog in the state of Ohio.

?I had this idea that I've toyed with for a few years ... why couldn't a small dog be used just as well?? McClelland asked.

?She watches everybody comes in the room,? Sheriff Dept. Deputy Carrie Jericho said. ?Her ears perk up and she watches who's coming in.?

So far Brutus, who obviously has a sense of humor, has taken to the new tiny trainee. And the department?s K-9 trainer thinks Midge has a bright future.

?I know from my work that kids and dogs get the people's hearts,? K9 Deputy Lt. Tom McCaffrey said.

She won't begin her training as a drug detection canine for another six months.

Even on her tiptoes, Midge is only two feet high.

?She's not going to strike fear into a whole lot of folks,? McClelland said. ?That's not her job.?
    ? 2009 WKYC-TV

I got to get "ACE" my Chi, away from my computer ! Ha! IAD
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

OK, IAD, we'll start our own canine force. Tinkerbelle has a black leather jacket, and she is SO hot in it!!!
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Greetings, from across the big ponds!

As for my sobriety plan, I start Campral today. I am only on day three so I can now. I plan to do a bunch of different things - basically with various groups and also inject some structure into my day. Just this a.m., I've emptied cat litter that had been sitting in my garage for FOUR months (ok, been a rough four months), cleaned the garage, cleaned the car. Yesterday I made an appt with a cardiologist. When I was drinking heavy my left ankle would get all swollen and I've been having chest pains, so best I get checked out. Now that I'm a whopping two days sober (and some hours), I can finally start addressing things. I just hope this energy and ability to get things done sticks.
        ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

Changed1;664716 wrote: Greetings, from across the big ponds!

As for my sobriety plan, I start Campral today. I am only on day three so I can now. I plan to do a bunch of different things - basically with various groups and also inject some structure into my day. Just this a.m., I've emptied cat litter that had been sitting in my garage for FOUR months (ok, been a rough four months), cleaned the garage, cleaned the car. Yesterday I made an appt with a cardiologist. When I was drinking heavy my left ankle would get all swollen and I've been having chest pains, so best I get checked out. Now that I'm a whopping two days sober (and some hours), I can finally start addressing things. I just hope this energy and ability to get things done sticks.
          Welcome aboard.....the boards !!!
          I'm a heading your way in a short while....LOVE the UK !!!Can't Wait for summer months to come so this thin blooded Florida girl can stand the COOL climate Brrr>>>>>>
          Got my flannels packed already cause I see it was 52 degrees last night in SW england??

GOOD LUCK with the campral....helped me with the cravings but kinda made me.....F*rt ...too so I changed to Baclofen..easier on the system, for me.
          2 days sober .you'll soon feel better, I'm sure.
          Hope the Dr. says it something simple like gout ...(had a swollen ankle from that once OUCH !!!)....Old alcohol sure isn't good for you)
          Maybe your body talking to ya ...saying ...HELP IT'S TIME to stop that ..........NOW !!!

Comment

Good idea to get all that check, Changed. I had similar problems when I drank, and I do have some medical issues. Finding out what AL has done to our bodies sometimes gives us even MORE incentive to stay sober - it did me!! Good luck, and great to meet you!
            sigpic
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Evie,
              I thought I would show you the plants that travelled across the miles from Florida to Utah.

My day started off a bit late....I slept until 8:30!! I woke up and had to run around like a chicken with my head cut off to get to work by 10a. Here I am safe and sound working like a little worker bee. Nothing to report much.

My sobriety is going strong, thanks to all of you and hubby is also going strong. Tomorrow will be day 7 for us both!

Love, Krigs Attached files [img]/converted_files/963186=5050-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/963186=5051-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/963186=5052-attachment.jpg[/img]
              "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hey Guys. LTG just contacted me to say she can't post on the threads b/c of power probs. Has anyone heard from Colbe? Her (LTG) phone isn't working either b/c of the electricity. If anyone has info please PM me or LTG or Evie.
                Rubes
                sigpic

Comment

Ruby talking about Physical problems....I just brought my sister home last week from the Nursing Home. She was their for 6 weeks. She has Arthritis and Scleroderma. She has trouble doing most functions and is Wheel Chair bound....even though she can move around with a walker some. I've been taking her , along with my mother to her Dr. visits since she's been home. (Today was one). Her's a woman who is an Admin. Officer at the National Archives.....50 years old, and now she has been home bound since last Sept. 08. Her Agency met with here and want her to stay on and work from her home. She's always getting Admin calls from everyone at work........the Agency has called her an information asset to the Agency. Well....at least she can cont. to work. ( I can't say life is hard.....cause the answer that continues to come back is..."Compare to what !")....Just venting IAD.
                  ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                  those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

Sorry I missed y'all today. Major problems here...like that never happens...LOL!! Hope to be back in the AM!!!
                    :l
                    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Major TEETH problems for me are ......solved !!!
                      You can just give me a new nick name... TOO TOO TOO >.>>>>toothless..........LOL

Comment

IAD;665032 wrote: Ruby talking about Physical problems....I just brought my sister home last week from the Nursing Home. She was their for 6 weeks. She has Arthritis and Scleroderma. She has trouble doing most functions and is Wheel Chair bound....even though she can move around with a walker some. I've been taking her , along with my mother to her Dr. visits since she's been home. (Today was one). Her's a woman who is an Admin. Officer at the National Archives.....50 years old, and now she has been home bound since last Sept. 08. Her Agency met with here and want her to stay on and work from her home. She's always getting Admin calls from everyone at work........the Agency has called her an information asset to the Agency. Well....at least she can cont. to work. ( I can't say life is hard.....cause the answer that continues to come back is..."Compare to what !")....Just venting IAD.
                        Venting is a very healthy way to deal with life stress......sooo much better than NUMBING with the booze.for sure !!!

Scleroderma can be the worse...Bless her for having to live with it and BLESS YOU for having to Care for her while she tries to get thru a life of pain.
                        You're a very nice man .BUT, PLEASE DON'T TELL IAD I SAID THAT........OK ???...OK !!! :l

Comment

So sorry about your Sis, iAD. I wake up every day and thank God for my health, literally. Even after what I have put my body through in days past it still serves me very well indeed. I am one grateful Momma!!!

Evie, Did you see the pics I posted of the plants?
                          "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

kriger;664835 wrote:

Evie,
                            I thought I would show you the plants that travelled across the miles from Florida to Utah.

My day started off a bit late....I slept until 8:30!! I woke up and had to run around like a chicken with my head cut off to get to work by 10a. Here I am safe and sound working like a little worker bee. Nothing to report much.

My sobriety is going strong, thanks to all of you and hubby is also going strong. Tomorrow will be day 7 for us both!

Love, Krigs
                            We were just amazed they are doing so well !!!
                            WOW !!! The big pencil tree behind the swing almost fell over from a strong storm yesterday and I could have sent everyone on the whole site a cutting if it had broken .Gonna give it a hair cut and look for another place to start it up. The pink bloom is sooo pretty !!! Thanks for the pics !!! We loved em !!

Very, very glad you are sober...and Ger too !!!

Comment

Evie.Lou;665115 wrote: We were just amazed they are doing so well !!!
                              WOW !!! The big pencil tree behind the swing almost fell over from a strong storm yesterday and I could have sent everyone on the whole site a cutting if it had broken .Gonna give it a hair cut and look for another place to start it up. The pink bloom is sooo pretty !!! Thanks for the pics !!! We loved em !!

Very, very glad you are sober...and Ger too !!!
                              We are TOO, Evie!!!! I'm glad your tooth problems are a thing of the past, as well.
                              I really much prefer being sober-truth to be told....it is just every now and then my brain says it's time for an ice cold beer. I just have to load up better on my water intake so I'm not thirsty. All in all, I am doing great. Have a great evening! Love, Krigsy

Comment

Working...
                              X