USA..What's NEW with YOU... Today ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys! Back again for a little bit. SO busy lately, but its a good busy I guess. Hubs & I tracked down and killed a HUGE copperhead today at the family farm nearby; a monster really. I usually live and let live, but he's been around a while and is always where my babies like to sit and fish. I can't have that. It was big enough to kill a horse, at least.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

RUBES, Copperheads are the things of my night mare .YICKS !!!

Will says.taste like "chicken"......LOL
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Yea, maybe. Depends on who bites who first!!!! LOL They aren't really aggressive, just SO deadly to little ones, and I had to make a choice. We have lots of them every year around the stream running by the farmhouse.
        sigpic
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Gonna have to bring my stumping boots when I come to visit .......for sure !!!

Who's the beautiful babe in your avatar ???

Comment

That's my #3 g'daughter, named for my Daddy (O'neal). She is an absolute beauty, so feminine, delicate, and fashionable. Best of all she's a sweetheart, and in all Advanced Placement classes already. She has almost golden eyes! Takes after her Mimi!! LOL The creature on the chair with her is Fat Louie, their 'little' kitty!
            sigpic

Comment

Who choose the name ??? What an honor to be sure !!!
              Advanced Placement classes....WOW gonna be smart like Mimi..............Little Louie ??? (FAT) is a better distribution ..........preety kitty and looks so mellow ........TOO ???

Comment

Wow, Rubes, golden eyes! She's gorgeous! So is Fat Louie too, of course.
                "If you fell down yesterday, get up today." -- H.G. Wells

Comment

Hi Rubes and Evie,
                  Rubes, I need to tell you the story about your wild flowers.....
                  We have a couple (still) living in the basement. They laid the sod for us in the back yard, etc. Anyway, I left an area for planting on the west side of the yard against the fence so it would have some protection from the heat in the summer. That is where I planted the wild flower seeds you sent to me. To make a long story short, I thought everyone knew NOT to pull ANYTHING that was coming up there because that's where the wild flowers were and I wanted all that was growing in that area to get large enough for me to be able to tell if it was weed or wild flower. One day, I think they were trying to be helpful, but they pulled everything out of those flower beds that was growing!!!! They must have thought they were doing us a favor by pulling weeds!!!

Sorry, Rubes.....I guess I need to start over with the wild flowers. If I get some more from you whenever you have them avaialble I guess I will do them in little started pots to be safe.

I've gotta make my grocery store run and then home. I am not getting on in the evenings lately because Ger gets on the computer. Fair play for him.
                  Love to you both! Krigishness
                  "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Evie, I'm glad your tooth problems are over! Good for you. Whew!

Comment

Hi Lilbit,
                      I didn't see you there....I've gotta run. Talk later.
                      "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hi Ya Lilbit, What's NEW in your world today ??
                        Seen any white weenies ........or other interesting things to report ???

Comment

LilBit;665147 wrote: Evie, I'm glad your tooth problems are over! Good for you. Whew!
                          Pulled one right out and am I ever glad !!!
                          No sucking thru straws or I'll get a "DRY SOCKET" ....ouch !!!

Comment

Ruby....AP classes carry a lot of clout. My daughter carried most of her classes as AP and when she graduated she recieved a seperate AP High School Diploma. Colleges look at that. She also recieved a silver rope (belt) around her neck on her graduation outfit.......IAD.
                            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Evie, I went through what you just did with your teeth, so I know all about it. Feels weird, huh? I'm so grateful for what our dentists today can do. One of the leading causes of infection and death in previous centuries was dental decay.

Not much going on here. 'Finishing up a day of working at home and playing with my 85-lb lap dog. I'm munching on a huge fruit salad I made earlier with oranges, pineapple, apples, bananas, fresh coconut, and chopped almonds. It's a good thing to grab on the go in the mornings and a better choice when I have one of those evening chocolate cravings.

I really admire the gardeners among us. I am not one myself, and I really appreciate the green thumbs out there. Keep the beautiful pics coming!

Comment

Working...
                              X