Pretty Down Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty Down Today

Changed1;664730 wrote: Sosad, I am so sorry. I know how bleak things look, but I am hoping they turn around. I worry that my age is an issue too and I am unemployed too. I went to an employment agency and they are only getting two to three jobs in a week. That office used to be hopping with employees, but it looked like they've gotten rid of most of them. Is there a way you can work out something with the bank regarding your house? Friends/family you can stay with until you get back on your feet?

I'm currently volunteering just to have something on the resume, plus I find it rewarding. I pick up a second volunteer job soon where I'll get experience teaching. I dunno if this could be an idea for you? I am thinking that maybe there are places out there that would appreciate your writing skills and maybe it could open doors to opportunities?

BTW, any chance you could have a garage sale rather than just give your stuff away? That would bring in some extra cash.
    Thanks. A garage sale is a good idea. I'll sell my piano, guitars, and everything else and live in a bare house if I could just keep the place.
    I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Comment

Pretty Down Today

Off here for awhile folks. Thank you all and God Bless.
      I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Comment

Pretty Down Today

Hi SoS . . .

I am sorry to hear about your plight. There is some excellent advise here from these great people.

Prayers and positive Energy to you SoS . . . keep pluggin along. Things will get better, truly they will . . . Everything happens for a reason and all things have a purpose.

Be well and God Bless . . . ((( )))

Comment

Pretty Down Today

What part of the world are you in So?
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Pretty Down Today

rubywillow;664784 wrote: What part of the world are you in So?
            The Fort Worth, Texas area ruby.

Comment

Pretty Down Today

polaryzed;664781 wrote: I am sorry to hear about your plight. There is some excellent advise here from these great people.

Prayers and positive Energy to you SoS . . . keep pluggin along. Things will get better, truly they will . . . Everything happens for a reason and all things have a purpose.

Be well and God Bless . . . ((( )))
              You're a Godsend polaryzed. Thank you for the prayers. I TRULY, TRULY appreciate them and the encouraging words.

Comment

Pretty Down Today

I can tell you all this... I have just about had ENOUGH of this drinking and think that a turnaround is just around the corner.

There comes a point to where you just have had ENOUGH. ENOUGH of waking up hung over. ENOUGH of living your life around alcohol. ENOUGH of letting it rule your life. ENOUGH of feeling like SHIT all of the time. ENOUGH of letting alcohol determine where and when you can go because of your drinking.

I can tell you this; in the next few days, I will be making MAJOR changes in my life.

Shakes, tremors, headaches be damned... It's all what I need to go through to get my life back, and I WILL get my life back.

F' you alcohol. You suck, and I DO NOT.

I am worthy
                of getting my life back and am not going to let YOU take over my life any longer!

Blu, in the next few days, I will be seeing you in AA meetings friend.

Comment

Pretty Down Today

Excellent Mr.61 - hang in there...you never know what good might be around the next corner. I promise you, and I'm only on day 8, that it gets better. The WDs stink, but they don't compare to the morning depression after consuming too much (2 bottles of wine plus some whisky per night for the last 11 years). Plus, my insides feel so much better! Good luck and God Bless. Keep up that strong attitude...you can do this!
                  AF since July 8, 2009...

Comment

Pretty Down Today

If I'm homeless, at least I will be a sober homeless person. Better than being a drunk and living in a nice house.

Comment

Pretty Down Today

National;664814 wrote: Excellent Mr.61 - hang in there...you never know what good might be around the next corner. I promise you, and I'm only on day 8, that it gets better. The WDs stink, but they don't compare to the morning depression after consuming too much (2 bottles of wine plus some whisky per night for the last 11 years). Plus, my insides feel so much better! Good luck and God Bless. Keep up that strong attitude...you can do this!
                      Thank you National. And please, PLEASE keep up your sobriety friend. I know how it feels to be sober (from awhile back), and it feels GOOD.

Never let yourself go back to that dark side. It's never worth it and you will only improve every single day.

I've been sober for long periods of time and this time around, once I'm there, I'm NEVER turning back, EVER.

Comment

Pretty Down Today

Sosad

You may not be able to do much about your employment right now but you can take control of your drinking. Drinking is making everything else worse and it is within your power and nobody else's to get a grip on it. It's also costing you a lot of money that could be better spent. Get a plan together and do it.

Do you need to see a GP and get medication to help with withdrawals? Or are you going to be ok doing it at home? Consider how much you are drinking as it can be dangerous to stop suddenly if you are drinking alot. Cat42 has a thread on how she used beer to taper down over a week or so before quitting. Do you need rehab or AA meetings? Do you need suppliments (kudzu and L-glutimate are used alot). Drink lots of water and once you get through the first few days try and do some exercise. Come here and post and read, we are all over the world so you are never alone no matter what time of the day or night it is.
                        You will find lots of good tips in the toolbox thread in the monthly abstinance forum

Good luck in getting your life back.
                        If alcohol made you happy I should be the happiest person alive! I'm not.

Comment

Pretty Down Today

Blue Sky;664828 wrote: Sosad

You may not be able to do much about your employment right now but you can take control of your drinking. Drinking is making everything else worse and it is within your power and nobody else's to get a grip on it. It's also costing you a lot of money that could be better spent. Get a plan together and do it.

Do you need to see a GP and get medication to help with withdrawals? Or are you going to be ok doing it at home? Consider how much you are drinking as it can be dangerous to stop suddenly if you are drinking alot. Cat42 has a thread on how she used beer to taper down over a week or so before quitting. Do you need rehab or AA meetings? Do you need suppliments (kudzu and L-glutimate are used alot). Drink lots of water and once you get through the first few days try and do some exercise. Come here and post and read, we are all over the world so you are never alone no matter what time of the day or night it is.
                          You will find lots of good tips in the toolbox thread in the monthly abstinance forum

Good luck in getting your life back.

I have medication that I can take for withdrawal. I just refuse to take it until I stop, so I'll be okay in that area. Thank you for the advice; I know that stopping suddenly after drinking heavily can be deadly

I have librium that I will take once I've decided to quit, which will probably be tomorrow or the next day. My doctor gave me a large supply but I refuse to take those pills until I've made my decision and target date.

My GP has been supportive and I appreciate her so much. She understands what I am going through and has given me some sage advice. She has even done something that most physicians will not do; she didn't charge me for the last several visits, which touched my heart so much. People think doctors are unfeeling, but if you find the right one.... It brings tears to my eyes how kind some people can be.

If you ever want to meet some of the kindest people in the world, move to the Fort Worth, Texas area. I'm not from here but the people here are amazing how they reach out to help.

And you're right, drinking costs a lot of money, especially these days. It's so freaking irresponsible of me being unemployed and spending money on alcohol of all things.

God Bless

Comment

Working...
                          X