Day 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 18

The internet went down yesterday so I couldn't do my daily post. I will keep this up until I feel I am ready to not have to do it anymore. But here I am Day 18 of my quit. Tomorrow is a family gathering. I don't want to drink. I rarely think of it anymore. I guess I am focused on grieving for Tigger who died on Sunday. It hurts although its not as bad as it was Monday. I will get better. But I will always miss Tigger and will never forget or stop loving him.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Day 18

I lost my favourite kitty, Tyrone (aka Boner), about 10 years ago. He was 13. I still have a picture of him on my refrigerator. He had the best meow... Kinda sounded like a nasal "Aeow". And he had quite a personality .. it was like he had a true, offbeat sense of humor. He always made us smile, and did even after he had passed ...

We found him one day at the side of the house. Looked like he was sleeping, stretched out. I cried, hard .. one of those heavy cries that you feel deep in your stomach .. one that makes your legs weak. I covered him with a cloth while I went to find a box, and I called my husband home from work. I finally found a box that Tyrone could curl up in one last time. I carefully placed his soft little blankie into it .. the one he liked to "suckle" .. and a favourite toy. I made a nice comfy resting place for him. He would be happy there.

My husband finally came home, and I took him over to where Tyrone was lying....... He picked him up and went to lower him into the box ..... but ....he had stiffened up ... and he wouldn't fit in ..... My husband tried one way, and then another. Any neighbours watching must have gotten quite an eyeful. Now, normally this would have just been a horrible situation.. but we just stood there, looking down at the beautifully prepared box ... with the long gray tail sticking straight up out of the top ... We both laughed and cried at the same time.

Boner had managed to give us one last chuckle .. and we truly needed one right then.

We also had to say good-bye to our 13 year old part lab dog two years back. (Something about the age 13?) His pic is also on our refrigerator. He was the best old boy. Man, it's hard to let them go. ((hugs))

Edit: I almost forgot to congratulate you on Day 18 ... Very well done!
    AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Day 18

Thank you 42Cat. I got myself some wine for tomorrow. I figure that I needed something to drink for the dinner.

Course the wine is AF.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Day 18

Drifty,

Good on you for 18 days and for having a plan for tomorrow. :goodjob:

It is great to see your daily posts and watch you go through these steps towards freedom.

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Day 18

Yay Drifty!
          I nearly choked when I first read your post. But I neednt have worried eh?
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
          X