Tough time deciding what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this normal? I don't want to leave my house at all, yet know I should. There is a SMART meeting tonight I should go to, but I think about driving the 15 miles and it seems like such effort. I have all these activities I always plan to do and then I don't at the last minute. I pretty much just sit in this house 24/7. Normally I'd just uncork a bottle of wine, but that isn't an option today (well, it is, but I don't want to). I've just been looking through magazines of recipes that I'll probably never make and ripping the ones out that I want and tossing the magazines. They go back to 2001 and I really must declutter.

Anyway, did you/do you have a tough time making any sort of decisions in the early part of sobriety? I feel out of sorts (normal on day 3) and can't decide what to do.
    ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Yes, GET OUT!!!!! I know exactly what you mean. The longer you sit, the longer you think, the longer you brood, the longer your thoughts have to work on you and convince you maybe its not so bad. GET OUT AND FIND OTHER PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING THRU THE SAME THING. You WILL feel better!!! I PROMISE, it works!
    Rubes
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi Changed
      Well done on Day 3, you are doing great
      Day 3 can be tough and I know what you mean about not wanting to do anything at all, but you have to make yourself get up and about then believe me you will feel so much better for it, otherwise you will be back where you started, and I am sure you dont want that.
      Just go for a ten minute walk today and see how you go today then tomorrow walk for a little longer.
      Just take it little by little, try and set yourself a small task to do.
      I hope you feel better soon, this stage will pass and you will be feeling so good.
      :dancin: enguin:
      starting over

Comment

rubywillow;665141 wrote: Yes, GET OUT!!!!! I know exactly what you mean. The longer you sit, the longer you think, the longer you brood, the longer your thoughts have to work on you and convince you maybe its not so bad. GET OUT AND FIND OTHER PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING THRU THE SAME THING. You WILL feel better!!! I PROMISE, it works!
        Rubes
        OK, I will go - but I'm going as is in sweats and a top. I'll put on some mascara. It's such effort to get out but it's not a fashion contest and I DO need to be around other people battling the addiction. Thanks!
        ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

ronnie;665144 wrote: Hi Changed
          Well done on Day 3, you are doing great
          Day 3 can be tough and I know what you mean about not wanting to do anything at all, but you have to make yourself get up and about then believe me you will feel so much better for it, otherwise you will be back where you started, and I am sure you dont want that.
          Just go for a ten minute walk today and see how you go today then tomorrow walk for a little longer.
          Just take it little by little, try and set yourself a small task to do.
          I hope you feel better soon, this stage will pass and you will be feeling so good.
          Thanks, I did think about going for a walk but then remembered I live in the desert and it's HOT. I won't be walking outside unless it's 5 a.m. until probably October. But good idea.
          ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

I vote with go to the meeting, Changed1. It will make you feel better to get out of the house and you will be in a safe and supportive environment.

Win/win.

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

It's always good to keep moving, even when you don't feel like it. It's hard to get motivated, I know. The first week is tough, but you can make it.

When I feel like you're feeling now, and I make myself do something, I always feel better that I did.
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Changed getting out and about will really help you. even stepping outside and stepping back in. I vote for changing clothes though and putting makeup on. ive stepped out to run to a store in raggy clothes and no make up and go figure i ran into people i would have preferred they would have seen me in better shape. just a thought

Comment

Thanks all. I did go to the meeting and am glad I did. I'll go again next week too. I had a chance to practice assertiveness and I shocked myself! Sorry, Cacky, I missed your post. I did go in sweats. But I did put mascara on!

Now if I can just make it through the night. The air is always so hot and still here. Tonight there is a lot of wind and the palms are rustling - I so love to sit outside and watch it all and drink wine on the rare occasions it's like this. BUT, then I won't be able to come back tomorrow and say "on day four." You guys are great motivators!
                  ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

Changed, that is so awesome. Good job. I guess you wore designer sweats (just kidding). have you tried meditation at all. You could isit outside like you used to but instead of drinking try to soak in the nature through meditation

Comment

:goodjob: changed, get out an about it keeps you occupied & you will feel healthier in yourself also going to meetings with like minded people helps a lot

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Thanks, Mario. It did help a lot and I'll continue to push myself to get out.
                        ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

Well done changed for going out, what are you up to tomorrow?
                          I bet you felt better for going out
                          :dancin: enguin:
                          starting over

Comment

ronnie;665320 wrote: Well done changed for going out, what are you up to tomorrow?
                            I bet you felt better for going out
                            I did feel better. Tomorrow is a women's group related to another kind of recovery. Other than that, no plans. If I even get out once a day that will be progress. I have something lined up for Friday and Saturday too (a couple more recovery related groups). Thanks for asking.
                            ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

Working...
                            X