Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 2 ??

Hello all,
    I found you all yesterday and have spent alot of time reading different threads and stories. It has helped keep me stay out of "trouble" at least for now... The question that I have is how do you start counting the days? Does it start after your last drink and you pass out up to the next drink? Or Does it start at the moment you realize ,"Hey I am stopping NOW"? In any case, I haven't had a drink in 48 hours.

I also would like your thoughts on AL and weight gain. I have progressively gained 90 lbs over 20 years from AL. I have gone on several weignt loss "cures" in Europe and have gone up and down for years. It seems to be drectly related to my drinking. I've heard that AL makes you lose weight so I am very perplexed!!

Help - thanks for the encouragements.

Day 2 ??

Hi there!

And :welcome::welcome:

I think you are on Day 2 - if you're last drink was on Tuesday then you are on Day 2!!!! Well done!

AL is full of sugar so stopping/cutting back (don't know what your plan is) will drastically reduce your calorie intake. Most on here advocate drinking loads of water and trying to stick to "healthy" food (although I admit when I'm not drinking my body craves sweet things - must be making up for the lost sugar from AL).

Stick with it - are you using Drinktracker? I find that shames me into doing something if I slip back......

Really well done on your 48 hrs - you're a star!!!

Bx

Comment

Day 2 ??

thanks so much for your reply and encouragements - I was being to wonder if anyone was out there :-)
      Yes my last drink was teusday so I guess that is 2 days. I hope I can keep going - my life depends on it! What is drinktracker? I found the toolkit which I am currently reading and going to use. My plan is simple - STOP DRINKING and get my life back (at least what's left of it).

I have quit before for a while but somehow I always find a great excuse to start again. I will be drinking lots of water. Very good advise.
      Thanks again - welcome any thoughts.

Comment

Day 2 ??

Hello MLC, I am glad you found us. I would just count from the day I took my last drink. As regards weight, alcohol is just full of empty calories so you should lose weight now you have stopped drinking. I found the first week I was eating everything in sight but that settled back to normal and my weight is down. You will find drink tracker in the misc section. Could I recommend you download the MWO book and read it, it will help you to formulate a plan. The toolbox that you mention is very usefull. Finally well done on your 2 days AF.
        Keep safe
        KTAB
        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Day 2 ??

MLC....the beauty of MWO compared to AA is that you can make your program anything you want. you will notice as you read the posts people do it all different wys. its personal for you. i think you have to just accept that you are going to keep gaining weight from AL. Welcome

Comment

Day 2 ??

Hi MLC. Good to have you here. I am new here myself. I gained 45 lbs from drinking and eating too much (one night I ate seven lean cuisines, for example, along with the wine). I am on day four and feeling very fat. I am not going to worry too much at least until a week passes. In fact, I just ate two oreos. Guess I am craving sugar. Drinking lots of water is a good idea and trying to stick to healthy foods. Walks are good too.

At any rate, it's nice to meet you.
            ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

Day 2 ??

Hi Changed, Thanks for sharing. And congrats on your 4 days !! I'm following right behind you. I know the feeling of looking at myself and in my head I see me but in the mirror this stranger !! Does that make sense? I'm feeling very fat and discouraged too which makes me hungry !!

It's hot as heck here so I am drinking loads of water and feeling waterlogged on top of it all but I'm really glad to be here.

Nice to meet you too.

Comment

Day 2 ??

Hello,
                MLC - great job on your first 2 days.
                Changed - you too - 4 days is super.
                On the weight stuff - I really think that it is easier to combat one thing at a time. Don't worry about the weight - I agree that just from the fewer calories consumed will lead to loss. There was a thread last week on weight and AL and AF - in the first few weeks the body need nutrition so it may absorb more, but then it starts being efficient and the weight goes down.
                Have you tried lots of fresh lemon juice in your water? It's good for the liver, and tastes great!
                Stay strong,
                Tulipe
                Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
                AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Day 2 ??

Nice job! Those first days can be tough ones. Well done!

As for weight, I gained a lot too. I didn't lose as quickly as I thought I would right after giving it up, but it's starting to come off now. I've upped my activity, so that's helping for sure.

Keep up the good work!
                  AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                  X