Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When I was sad.. and lonely... (sing the song!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone here (I'm sad that I can't remember who..!! Please forgive) told me to write down 5 things for 5 days - good things about myself...

This was at least a couple months ago... I got up to Day 4, then left it.

I finally wrote Day 5 today.

I really think it's a good exercise! I challenge you all to do it. We all have qualities we don't acknowledge...

Here are the 5 day thing I came up with... (Note: Modesty!! lol!)

But that's the thing - this is an exercise where you Shouldn't be modest.

If you do this, take your time. Even though you're "supposed" to do it for consecutive 5 days... I did the first days very "off the cuff". (Umm... slim... decent-looking!! Oh dear.)

DAY 1 -
    1. Educated
    2. Intelligent
    3. Decent looking
    4. Slim
    5. Good sense of humor

DAY 2 -
    1. Witty
    2. Compassionate
    3. Supportive
    4. Kind
    5. Outgoing

DAY 3 -
    1. Trusting
    2. Creative
    3. Appreciative
    4. Forgiving
    5. Knowledgeable

Day 4 -
    1. Independent
    2. Understanding
    3. Resilient
    4. Truthful
    5. Adventurous

Day 5 -
    1. Loving
    2. Resourceful
    3. Thoughtful
    4. Altruistic
    5. Modest (LOL)
    Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Well, very good list. Think I'll do the same. Can I steal some of your ideas? J/K. It's a good idea and a list to review each day I think.
    ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

Changed - I do not have these qualities copywrited!! (Thank God!) And I'm sure many have the same...

But the point is that we don't give ourselves credit. Not to speak for all here, but we often concentrate on the "bad" stuff about ourselves. OK, we drink! Does that make us "bad" people? not necessarily - a sober person can be Very bad, after all!!

Go for it - and I hope you overlap. I'm sure you do... As you said, something to review from time-to-time.
      Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

Nice idea. I'll add my five for today ... I'm caring, smart, non-judgemental, appreciative, and have a silly, and sometimes naughty, sense of humour. (That last one may or may not necessarily be a "good" quality .. heehee .. but I like it!)

This exercise is a great way to focus on our positives. Thanks for the idea!
        AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

YOU ROCK SAVVY!!! That was me. But the idea was originally presented by.....shoot, I can see the avatar, but not the name.

Don't forget to read them aloud to yourself while looking in the mirror!

Thanks as I really need to do that today. I shall find my list and dress up.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Today is a good day for me to do that as I am sad. Thanks. I believe we can all learn by going back into the MWO archives and reading. There is a lot of wisdom in those pages.
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Greenie - I THOUGHT it was you... but didn't want to say, since I wasn't sure...

I'm sorry you're sad, Ruby - try this. You may be amazed by how really Great you are.

And then do as Greenie says - read while looking mirror (naked? LOL! Ok, maybe that's tooooo drastic.)

Comment

Savon, YES, that would be too drastic!!! LOL Thank you, tho. Greenie is a wise little bird!
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hey, it depends on how you think you look naked!
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                  X