"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora's journey

Yes Nora !! See you there :yay:
      Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Nora's journey

Like everyone has said... you deserve to be in the pool just as much as the rest of us!!!
        The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Nora's journey

4-29-10

I will not sabotage myself today. I will take my Topamax. I will be aware that the voice in my head can be controlled.
          Today I will put one foot in front of the other. I will not pretend that it will be easy. I will be prepared. If I need to cry, then I will cry. I will let the emotions out instead of hiding them inside of a bottle.

ONLY I CAN CHANGE MY LIFE. NO ONE CAN DO IT FOR ME.
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora's journey

Nora.....A little time in the Hot Tub cures stress ! I'm thinking chicken for dinner tonight ! ha! IAD
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Nora's journey

IAD - you obviously didn't realize that I'm a vegetarian. :H:H However, you still made me laugh.
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora's journey

H ey Nora!
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Nora's journey

Ok....How do I put this..." Don't eat animals ...sleep with them" ! Wait !!! That does'nt seem right ! Ha! Nora. I have nephews that are Vegetarians......My best friend from High School is a Veggie....LOL IAD
                  Dr. Seuss

Comment

Nora's journey

NoraC;845285 wrote: I will not sabotage myself today. I will take my Topamax. I will be aware that the voice in my head can be controlled.
                    Today I will put one foot in front of the other. I will not pretend that it will be easy. I will be prepared. If I need to cry, then I will cry. I will let the emotions out instead of hiding them inside of a bottle.

That is well said, I am going to remember this
                    Thanks NoraC and I hope you find the "Peace of mind" you deserve!

runningwind
                    The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Nora's journey

Just when you least expect it

IAD;845291 wrote: Nora.....A little time in the Hot Tub cures stress ! I'm thinking chicken for dinner tonight ! ha! IAD

Freaking HELL
                      ... here I am scrolling along - minding my own business, wondering how I missed Nora's post to begin with... pondering life in general... thinking nice thoughts about the pool, and what one could say to Nora to cheer her up and spur her on... wondering why France is so far away and if there are any pretzels left and why some days I feel like Eeyore, and
                      boom....

just when you least expect it...

a bowl full of headless fowl. I hate it when that happens.
                      Coco

Comment

Nora's journey

Well, I must say that you all are really cheering me up. lol :H:H Who needs to drink when I've got frinds like these.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora's journey

Sorry Coco....but life throws you a few curve balls sometimes ! Ha! IAD
                          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Nora's journey

Mama loves you Nora
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Nora's journey

4-30-10

Yesterdays plan worked very well for me:
                              I will not sabotage myself today. I will take my Topamax. I will be aware that the voice in my head can be controlled.

So, I am going to follow and revise that plan again today.
                              I will not sabotage myself today.
                              I AM GOING TO HEAR the voice in my head trying to convince me to drink but I will brush him out of my head. I AM GOING TO TAKE my Topamax on schedule.
                              Today is going to be a VERY STRESSFUL DAY:
                              Dealing with a couple of employees that cause problems - stand my ground and they will do it my way.
                              Brother staying with us today. Deep breaths.
                              Best friend in surgery. Waiting for her husband to call. Feel like I am going crazy. Deep breaths. Keep phone by my side. Take anxiety pill if I must. Anxiety pill is better than Alcohol.

Let my emotions out instead of bottling them in. This is a good plan.
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora's journey

Friend is out of surgery & everything looks good. :dancin::dancin::dancin:
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X