Nora's journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nora's journey

Nora darling, you can do this. You don't have to be happy all the time, but please don't let yourself slip into the abyss. We're all here for you hun. xoxo big hugs

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Nora's journey

It isn't your job to make everyone else happy, Sweetheart, or to fix everything. I wish I could be there to hold you and let you have that cry. Love and hugs, Nora. xoxoxoxo
      :h Mish :h
      sigpic
      Never give up...
      GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
      Remaining a perpetual possibility
      Only in a world of speculation.
      What might have been and what has been
      Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Nora's journey

I understand the feeling of "losing your happy". I believe we share that road today. I am new here so I don't know much about your story, but it sounds like life is really slapping you around a bit. Hang in there. I am told it gets better. Sorry to hear about your friend's attempt. Been there too. It's wonderful she has you there to be a friend.
        :hello: :new: AmyJ

?We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone." Orson Welles quotes

Comment

Nora's journey

Thanks friends! Today is a new day. I'm glad that I had my vent here. It helped. I stayed home last night & had a good evening. I decided not to push myself to go out with Kris & the kids and it was the right decision. I was able to relax. My friend and I are talking and things are ok. I'm still very worried about her of course. But, at least we were able to get past the computer incident.
          Well - time for me to get up & get moving. Thanks for being here everyone.

Nice to meet you Amy! :welcome: This is a wonderful place. You will get so much support here. Just hang in there!
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora's journey

Well done Nora!! So happy to hear you're pacing yourself.:l

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Nora's journey

Glad that things seem a little better for you today Nora :l:l
              sigpicXXX

Comment

Nora's journey

Oh sweet Nora...I was gona this weekend and wasn;t here for you...
                Glad you are feeling better and keep your friend talking ok??? I take it her husband knows???
                and remember...take some time for YOU...shut the door and rest. Are you listening to the relaxation CD's?? They might even help Scott....
                I love you.............
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Nora's journey

:l Nora.
                  Here's to wishing you a calm and steady day. Very glad that you and your friend are talking things through. I still think that someone in her immediate surroundings should know what this 'accident' really was. For her sake and for yours.

Hang in there, precious - very proud of how you are redirecting your thoughts :l
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Nora's journey

Well done, Nora. Be happy that you are coping with all of this sober and remember how much worse things would have been if you were drinking. You are inspiring many with your strength in the face of really big problems. Well done, girl!
                    sigpic
                    Never give up...
                    GET UP!!!

Comment

Nora's journey

12-20-10

Well - it's time to get back on plan now. I have been off antabuse and once more using alcohol to numb myself to escape. Things have just been such a mess. Hubby so sick with a cold bug. Plus, his pain levels have been thru the roof. Probably from doing to much while my niece & kids are here.
                      My niece & kids are not able to get out before Christmas now. There has been such a screwup with their passports and now trying to get their flight changed. They couldn't get a flight until the 26th. So, they will be here for Christmas which is nice. But, I know how much she & the kids want to be with husband/daddy.
                      My brother drove down for a visit. My brother can be VERY sarcastic/abrasive. So, it just makes everything tense here. He & my niece got into it. Then he was over here upset. I ended up standing out in the pouring rain for an hour talking to him trying to make him understand. So, now he is staying for Christmas too.
                      My friend is not doing well again. I'm really worried about her. I just don't know what else I can do from such a long distance to try to help her. It breaks my heart.
                      So.....I went to the psychiatrist last Friday. He is not a fan of antabuse because it is 'negative reinforcement'. (Especially since I stopped taking it.) So, he gave me a prescription for Campral. I'm going to try that and if I don't have any luck with that, there is a possibility that I'll try Baclofen. We will see. I, personally, did great for 2 months or so on Antabuse. But, he says that isn't making me deal with the underlying issues. Also, he is really pushing me to try AA.
                      I then went to my therapist on Saturday. Told her everything. She wants me to go to AA. Told me to just try different meetings until I find one that clicks. So, I am going to do that but I just don't know if I am going to be able to do it this week. She also asked me if I was ready to stop drinking again. I just looked at her and then said - I don't know. I KNOW in my HEART that I want to. But, I am just so wound up right now that I am sort of scared if I don't have anything to calm me down. Oh well.......I do know that drinking is not the answer.
                      I have talked to Casey and he will go with me to some AA meetings. So, that is good. Ok - enough of the venting. Things will get better. I am so lucky in so many, different ways. I need to focus on that instead of the negatives. And, with that - I am off to work.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora's journey

You can order antabuse online at goldpharma.com for a reasonable price if you want to get it. Your doc is right, it wont fix the underlying issues, but i can help you maintain some sobriety while you figure the rest out. I am glad Casey is going to AA with yiu.
                        I have a question.....WHO TAKES CARE OF NORA???? Think about that.
                        I love you
                        Jan
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Nora's journey

Wow. My upcoming Christmas will be a walk in the park compared to yours. I hope your bro will be staying @ a hotel?

I'm with mama ...time to look out for you. :l

Comment

Nora's journey

Nora, please consider the Baclofen. I no longer even think about drinking. It has really been everything I hoped it would be and more. I'm just so disinterested in alcohol that it's not even a struggle any more. The vertigo is unpleasant but when you hit the 'switch' it will be so worth it. I can't even believe this is me writing this, but it's true. The confidence this has given me makes me feel strong enough to cope with whatever life throws at me because I know I can deal with things with a clear head and a clear conscience. There is no greater gift than this!
                            sigpic
                            Never give up...
                            GET UP!!!

Comment

Nora's journey

12-21-10

Thanks Mish! I just started the Campral today. I go back to see him in January. If I'm not having any success with the Campral, we will try Bac. Bottom line is that I need to learn to cope with stress without turning to alcohol. I was scared to try this new med until I didn't have to go to work, but this morning I decided that I better just start it.
                              Thank you everyone for the support. I know I can do this......I just need to do it!!!!!
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora's journey

Yooooooooo hoooooooooo Nora,

Had a look round and found a thread you might find very interesting if you're taking campral.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...tes-38480.html

Hope it helps, sweetheart.

J x
                                :l
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X