Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nora's journey

Hi Nora!
    Glad you got through without drinking. Those pesky thoughts will go away if we don't give them any power. Way to go on getting through it!
    I am deeply saddened that Techie has decided to leave. I'm not sure what all went on here lately, I read something in the Journey thread, but was Techie involved in that? I know Ruby has decided to take a break too. It really hurts me to see people leave. We are all here for the same reason, and to help each other.
    Anyway, I hope you are OK my friend. Keep hangin' in there!
    K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Nora's journey

YAY Nora for not drinking
      Stop being sad....some of us are still here and need you in fighting form!
      Love you!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Nora's journey

I had a sad day today, too...at everything that's gone on here, including Techie's departure. Still sticking around, though. :h We're all here for each other.

Comment

Nora's journey

that's the spirit
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Nora's journey

5-1-12

Thanks friends. :h

Thinking about skipping the Naltrexone tonight. Have felt tired/sleepy all day. Just didn't feel right. Not as drugged as the last time I took a whole one. But, certainly not normal. I feel like I need to give this a fair shot but it's hard to keep talking myself into taking it.

Still have drinking thoughts in the back of my mind. I told Scott yesterday that sometimes I miss just being able to go and have a pizza and a pitcher of beer. Of course, it wouldn't end there. I would want more. Oh well.

Having a pain in my side again. Will be glad when I get those tests done. At least that acid pill has helped with my esophagus issues.

Enough complaining for today. :H Guess I'll go take the Nal.
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora's journey

Nora.....Here's a post from Connie that I got on Face Book. She still has a sence of humor.....Ha! Tony
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Nora's journey

Just been reading your posts on this thread Nora, sorry that you have been struggling, I have had so many thoughts about drinking this past few days, and I'm ashamed to say I have given into them occasionally, it was just a couple of drinks rather than a bottle, so I suppose that's something. I took antabuse last year and it really helped, I also took naltrexone, which was ok, but I suffer with arthiritis and occasionally need a combination of codeine, and of course nal blocks the receptors for some pain relief. Good luck with your journey through this horrific disease, just reading your story gives me hope. It's not surprising that so many of us with drink probs are depressed, I think we drink to feel better. I am like a dog chasing it's tail, such a vicious circle.

Comment

Nora's journey

Tony - loved that post from Connie. :H:H

Paula - I honestly think that you are doing remarkably well. :l:l And you are right, it is like a dog chasing its tail.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora's journey

5-3-12

Saw that Psychiatrist today. I'm really glad that I found her. I actually was only in her office for 5 minutes but we covered what needed to be said. Since I'm not being able to tolerate the Naltrexone, I'm going to stay on half a pill for the next month. So, I'll take antabuse & naltrexone.
                    I'm still having drinking thoughts and have pretty much set myself up that I'm going to drink this weekend. Haven't had antabuse since Monday. We'll see how it goes. Truthfully, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I have a lot of things I want to take care of this weekend so I'll probably be too busy to drink. I have absolutely no interest in going on a bender of drinking for days at a time. I'm just still having those thoughts that it would be nice to drink once in a while. Oh well, time will tell. I know all the reasons not to. And, I've been playing it all the way forward in my brain. All the way to wasting all of Sunday with a hangover.
                    I have to get Casey's graduation announcements mailed. Still getting things ready for the kids to come & stay with us this summer. Still going thru things and giving away to Goodwill or throwing away junk. Need to sand the bathroom so I can paint. Have a therapist appointment on Saturday and will go to work after that.
                    Gee whiz - no time to drink. :H It's so funny - I come home from work and stay up until 10 or 11 and think that the evening has just flown by. I used to pass out by 9:00 and waste all that time. What a difference.
                    We went out to dinner with Casey tonight and had a great time. I asked him when he was moving home and he just laughed at me. I guess he really likes being out on his own.
                    Well - enough rambling. I do feel so much better with where I am now. Things are going in the right direction on all fronts. Even being closer to Scott. Life is good.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora's journey

Life is good, Nora. Sometimes we get all caught up in the emotion of everything that's happening in our lives and forget to appreciate that just being alive and conscious of the people we love and things we enjoy around us is a gift.

We're all on a journey be be our authentic selves because that's where our happiness lies. AL only muddies the waters and tries to kid us that drinking is fun or good. Not for us, Sweetheart. Not for anyone here at MWO. For us it's rank poison, a liar and a thief.

I'm praying that you can look The Beast in the face and see it for the EVIL it is, because then you'll start to see it as less desirable. Nora, you're such a fighter. I wish I could take it away from you. I love you heaps, girl.
                      :h Mish :h
                      sigpic
                      Never give up...
                      GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
                      Remaining a perpetual possibility
                      Only in a world of speculation.
                      What might have been and what has been
                      Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Nora's journey

A few weeks ago I had posted that my son wasn't going to take his girlfriend to the Prom..........well, he changed his mind. Inquiring minds want to know....Ha! ( I had to spot him a few bucks though......) Tony
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Nora's journey

Tony - so glad that he came to his senses. :H:H They're going to be such a cute couple. Take lots of pics.
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora's journey

My nephew and his bride.... and I'm his Godfather.....no horse heads on his pillow though ! HA !
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Nora's journey

Here's my two darlings ! ha! Your pouch looks like my Jack-o ! ha! Happy Trails! ! .
                              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Nora's journey

Beautiful bride & groom. You must be one happy Godfather.

Abbie does look like Jack-o. What cute dogs you have.
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X