Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nora's journey

techie;1416577 wrote: Sweetie,

Blahs without booze is manageable. Blahs with booze leads to short term depression. You know the routine. Hang in there it always improves. :l
    You are so right.....thanks. :h
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora's journey

Hi Nora, good you're still putting your thoughts out there in a timely way. You know my thoughts on the drugs side, but in this case maybe you should pop an anti-buse--like now? Take the option out of the equation?:l
      ps get yourself back into that zoomba class :thumbsup
      the exercise and fun is a good prescription for depression....perfect me time....and you'll be swingin those hips like nobody's business before you know it....:l
      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Nora's journey

Hope all is well with you. I'm turning in for the night and was thinking about you and how you were feeling yesterday. Hope you're doing better :l
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Nora's journey

Hey Techie - thanks for checking on me. :h I'm doing well.
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora's journey

I am always here Nora....let's have a good talk this weekend...you can cry all over me!
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Nora's journey

12-9-12

Haven't rambled for awhile.

Sort of an odd holiday season this year. No money at all for gifts. Have only decorated a little. Just can't believe that it's almost Christmas. I'm not depressed about it. But, it's just different. It's weird that I have been working so much and still so short of money. But, I have been helping Casey out a lot in the past couple of months. It added up. But, he's working now so things will even out again soon.

Doing ok. I did end up drinking for a week. So, have stopped that again. I missed having my stickers on my calendar. :H I really have reached a different place. I am enjoying my sober time. I do wish that I had gone back & read my journal before I did drink. I have so much useful information here. I need to remember to reach for my journal first. But, like I said, I'm not upset about it. Things are really ok.

I have a hard time with Scott sometimes. He's so hard to read. He gets in these moods and it's hard to live with. It's hard to live with when I'm sober and it's impossible to live with when I've been drinking. I always look at him and think that his anger/irritation is directed at me. The truth is, this is his personality. But, when I'm not drinking, it's much easier to realize that it has nothing to do with me. It is the way he is and it is the way he is going to be. That will never change.

I'm going to focus on me for a while. I've been overdoing it trying to make everyone else happy. I get lost in the shuffle. So, I'm back in the top 10. :H

Guess I'll go to work today. Might as well. It's better when I'm the only one there and can get a lot done. Plus, I need the money. So that's a good incentive.

It feels good to ramble sometimes. :h
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora's journey

Hi Nora,
                It is always good to see where you are at on this thread.

One of my favorite sayings is, "Put your oxygen mask on first, then take care of the others". You have heard that on the planes, and it is true elsewhere. You should be number one, not just in the top ten.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Nora's journey

1-2-13

Wow - a new year already. I have committed to making 2013 alcohol free. I'm already thinking to myself - What the hell were you thinking?!? :H But, I'm just going to take it a step at a time. I'm not worrying about not drinking tomorrow, or next week or next December. I am not drinking today. I was happy with all the AF time that I had last year. This year, I want to improve on it.

I'm going to take the antabuse 3 days a week (M, W & F). That should keep me from having the palpitations problem. I do have to get thru the first few weeks of depression. I don't know why it affects me like that. Oh well - it will pass, I just need to stick with it.

I am going to update my plan/list. I have some good info, I just want to read it & make sure that I'm following it.

One very big item for me.......I am going to lean on my friends here for support instead of crawling into my shell. That will be a big help for me.

Enough rambling for today.
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora's journey

Nora...are you certain the AB is causing the palpitations?? Did a doctor confirm it? Just curious
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Nora's journey

Hey Mama - no, the Doctor wasn't sure either. The palpitations went away once I stopped it, so she agreed that I should just take a smaller dose.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora's journey

Nora - I am taking AB every other day as well...I didn't even connect my horrible headaches to it since I've been on it so long...but once I lowered my dosage...no headaches! Sometimes the most obvious things are the hardest to figure out, for me anyway. LOL

Hang in there...we are all here for you. And don't worry about anything except today...none of us can predict the future. Get those stickers ready...you're gonna be using them every single day!

Love,
                        K9
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Nora's journey

1-4-13

So - I made the mistake of saying to my husband that I don't know if I will make it AF for all of 2013. He flipped out. He said that he doesn't want to talk about me poisoning/killing myself anymore. We had words. :upset: I am not thinking about drinking or anything. I just felt a little overwhelmed. Thinking too far into the future instead of a day at a time. Guess I was just wanting a hug & a "you can do this" response. I have realized that I willl not get that from him and I will not talk about it anymore with him. I need to just come here to get support & encouragement. He just expects me not to drink. Doesn't realize how hard this is for me.
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora's journey

Hi Nora
                            Have you told your husband what you just posted here? that you just need his support....have you told him how hard it is?
                            they really do not understand...those that are blessed with not having this problem.....
                            I just won't anymore

Comment

Nora's journey

K9Lover;1437481 wrote: Nora - I am taking AB every other day as well...I didn't even connect my horrible headaches to it since I've been on it so long...but once I lowered my dosage...no headaches! Sometimes the most obvious things are the hardest to figure out, for me anyway. LOL

Hang in there...we are all here for you. And don't worry about anything except today...none of us can predict the future. Get those stickers ready...you're gonna be using them every single day!

Love,
                              K9
                              I was breaking the AB pill in half but have stopped taking it cause with the baclofen I have zero desire to drink. If/when I go off bac and if/when the cravings/compulsion come back I will use antabuse to keep me from hurting myself.
                              Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Nora's journey

I don't think I've ever read this thread before. It touched me in ways that other threads haven't. Thanks, Nora.

I think I might ask my doctor for Baclofen.
                                "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Working...
                                X