Nora's journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nora's journey

Oh Nora that was such a wonderful post. Sometimes we all need to step back and look at the bigger picture. :h
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Nora's journey

so true Techie. It probably seems like we are man bashers at times, from a males perspective...but we adore our men!
      love you Nora
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Nora's journey

Yup, I love my guy and he loves me. Mature love is SO nice. Each has already accommodated to the other's imperfections.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Nora's journey

NoraC;1451808 wrote: Aaahh friends - thank you. Your comments mean so much to me. Yes - it's hard sometimes. But, everyone has problems. Mine are not as bad as some and maybe a little worse than others. I am very blessed.
          Scott's health problems started about 15 years ago. It has been a roller coaster ever since. I always come here to complain and share the bad side of him. I never tell you about the wonderful side. He is so loving. He does little things to show me that he's thinking of me. He picks a rose from our rose bush and will leave it in a vase for me. He will slip a love note in my lunchbag. He tells me he loves me everyday. He cares deeply about so many things. He is a very loving father/uncle/husband. Those are a few of the wonderful things about him. That side of him helps me keep going when I am dealing with the other side.
          I'm in the process of repairing the damage my years of drinking have done and I loved the part of your post where you were looking for the good in him and praising it. I shall try to live by those rules. Thanks so much!
          Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Nora's journey

2-6-13

Aahh - thanks for your nice words. :h Hippy, I have reached a point in my life where I am trying to look for the good. Somedays I have to look harder than others but it is always there.

I am still taking the AB. I have to admit that it has been nice being sober the majority of the time. Yes - I have had drinking thoughts....or cravings. But, not the all consuming need to drink. I have a full month of green happy face stickers on my calendar. And, now I'm working towards a full month of orange hearts.

It's sort of weird. I had been really thinking about drinking. I finally told Scott that I have not stopped drinking forever. That I'm just not drinking right now. He said - ok, I understand. And, with me saying that out loud, I'm more at ease. It's like I was having this internal battle going on. It just changed things for some reason. Now, I'm more interested in getting more stickers than I am in figuring out when I'm going to drink. Don't know what all that means but I found it interesting.

I am still working on downsizing/decluttering (whatever you want to call it) and that really feels great. Still have a lot to do but it is getting done. I had my first yoga class yesterday and I really enjoyed it. I felt good.

I'm having some family/friend problems and I am sober and available if they need me. My Uncle is in the hospital. They are not sure what is wrong but it doesn't sound good. My Aunt passed away a few months ago and I think he is ready. My friend texted me and they have her daughter in ER right now. They are trying to rule out an abdominal aortic aneurysm. So, it's really tense times right now.

Life is happening and I am here. This is as it should be. And, I am grateful that I have reached this point in my journey. I am still walking it one step at a time. But, I am reaching a better place.
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora's journey

NoraC;1458408 wrote:
              Life is happening and I am here. This is as it should be. And, I am grateful that I have reached this point in my journey. I am still walking it one step at a time. But, I am reaching a better place.
              This is exactly as it should be. Being fully present for life, being able to embrace it and feel it and love and support others through it is a blessing that you can have by being AF.

Comment

Nora's journey

Nora, I thought about starting a "Nora has 30 Days" thread for you, but I think you don't want that. You are doing just great, slowly joining the normal AF world.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Nora's journey

Oh thanks, friend.

Sun - thank you for the thought but you are right. I don't want that. I'm trying to just focus on good feelings without counting days.

Thank you so much for all of your support. You both are great and are showing me how to do it. xxx
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora's journey

IT'S KILLING ME NOT TO START A THREAD................................
                    AND YES I AM SHOUTING
                    I KNEW you were around thirty days
                    I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO proud of you

Comment

Nora's journey

NORA...YOU ROCK!!! (I'M SHOUTING TOO!!!.........)

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!! :h:h:h
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Nora's journey

Oh thanks friends that really means a lot to me. I am really having a crummy day and would love a drink but not an option. I already TTFP. thanks for the support you all means so very much to me.

by the way I typed this from talking into my phone tricky huh
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora's journey

We are impressed! :H

Comment

Nora's journey

FlyAway;1459242 wrote: We are impressed! :H
                            :H:H:H
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora's journey

I am impressed too....
                              I swear I am starting the thread..........

Comment

Nora's journey

2-8-13

I’ve been reading thru some of the threads here tonight. I am so grateful that I found this place. There are so many wonderful people here. Truly caring people.

I have had a crummy day. Finally talked to my boss about some issues that have been bothering me. I was truly surprised by his take on some things. So, I feel misunderstood & hurt by some things. I’ve worked there for 35 years. Anyway, I feel like a good cry. Maybe I’ll have one. But, the thing is...worrying about it isn’t going to help or change anything.

I have been working very hard for the past couple of years to learn to let go. That is why I got the tattoo on my foot ‘One Step at a Time’. To remind myself to just think about now. Stop worrying about the future. I have always been the person that holds things so deep inside. I worry about them. I feel insecure. I replay conversations over & over. I second guess myself. But, that is not the way I want to be anymore. So, I have been collecting quotes, etc to help me.
                                So, here are some of my quotes to help me get thru today:

●Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strength…..Mary Engelbreit

●You can’t live a positive life with a negative mind.

●I’ll be ok, just not today.

●Ask yourself this question: ‘Will this matter a year from now?....Richard Carlson

●At the end of the day, you can focus on what’s tearing you apart, or what’s holding you together.

So, my pity party is over. I am not drinking (antabuse saved me). I am going to enjoy my weekend. And I am going to be happy.
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X