Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nora's journey

Beautiful post, Nora.

I know you can do it again. One Step at a Time.

Comment

Nora's journey

Hi Nora,

I am walking with you.

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Nora's journey

Nora
        That was so tender and lovely.
        I am here 34/7 for you...............
        and I am thrilled with 7 days...THRILLED
        as you reflect back on the last few months, did drinking help?
        Did it ease your pain or make it go away?
        I am glad your brother is there to ease your worries
        I love you
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Nora's journey

Nora, you are in my heart. Seven days make a great new start!
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Nora's journey

Such a moving post, Nora. I didn't expect tears this Sunday morning, but here they are.

I wish I knew what it felt like to be loved and cherished so much.

I'm here, too, you have my number. Call anytime.

Love,
            Juja
            "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Nora's journey

Thank you so much everyone. Your support has meant so much to me. It really has. :h I know that if I didn't have you all, I wouldn't be struggling to get up out of this hole. Knowing that you all are here helping me gives me hope. :h
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora's journey

hugs Nora
                that hope will get stronger every day you are AF
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Nora's journey

Awww Nora - Huge :l's.....not much more to say.....
                  Well done on your 7 days, it is a really great start....
                  “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Nora's journey

I'd say that with 7 days behind you, you're definitely on your way to AF.:goodjob:
                    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Nora's journey

5-20-13

Thanks for the support my dear friends!

Bad cravings today. :upset: No reason - came up out of the blue. I've had so much water that I'm just floating. I ended up taking a Lorazepam and that took the edge off. I can't depend on those but I needed to do something.

Casey is all set for his trip tomorrow! So excited. Thailand for 10 days and then 10 days in the Philippines.

Well - I'm going to chill with my book. I made it thru the cravings.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora's journey

Every morning, when we wake up, we have twenty-four brand-new hours to live. What a precious gift! We have the capacity to live in a way that these twenty-four hours will bring peace, joy, and happiness to ourselves and others.

Thich Nhat Hanh
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora's journey

What are you reading, Nora?

Comment

Nora's journey

Nora, 8 days a week today! :yay:

I'm right behind you, baby! Well 7 days actually, :H. You know your quote reminded me of a post by Rednose today. He said that we should protect every day AF like a loved one.

I think of protecting me babies, my husband, my family. Personifies AF days pretty clearly I think. Makes it easier. :h
                            On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                            *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Nora's journey

Juja - my hubby sent me that quote to work today. Then I looked up Thich Nhat Hanh and am finding wonderful quotes by him. I am going to read about him. All I know now is that he is a Buddist Monk.

Kradle - Way to go!!! I almost blew it tonight. But, I made it. I have started putting stickers on my calendar again. So I'm trying to get those lined up.
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora's journey

Yay stickers!
                                I love you to bits Nora!!! :h:h
                                Hang in there my friend!
                                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                                X