THE NEXT DAY THREAD Friday 17th July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bridge, I know for a fact that it takes 30 days to start a habit (I've been a gym junkie on and off) And I have to force myself to gym it for a Month and then it just happens without trying...
    What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Comment

Guitarista;666439 wrote: Well for me, 30 days kinda 'sorts you out', in the way that you learn about the tricks your mind plays to get you back in the comfort zone of drinking, and you also have to learn/find strategies that work for you. You sort of build a toolbox custom built for you, and 30 days basically gets you thinking with a clearer head about where you want to go, and how to do it.
      Well said G
      You love being sober don't you ? I can't even imagine you getting on of a morning with shit on the liver like the rest of us.
      If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Mr G, I have no doubt that post 30 days AF, I would be thinking in a whole new, clearer way...I have to do it, I really do...Where I am at the moment isn't cutting it... Once again mate thanks..
        What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Comment

Waving_not_drowning;666442 wrote: Bridge, I know for a fact that it takes 30 days to start a habit (I've been a gym junkie on and off) And I have to force myself to gym it for a Month and then it just happens without trying...
          Yep for sure....and I'm discovering it works for all sorts of things.
          By the way it takes me two bottles to get 'in the zone' too.
          You are going to save a motza too you know...
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

I was born here, and also have Irish and Scottish heritage, way back.
            Waves, i wont wish you luck, because i think it's more about planning, and deciding to stop. So, it will be you, and only you, who will make this happen. I do wish you all the very best though, and it's great you are tackling this again. Bravo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Yes, Mr G LOVES his sobriety... Why wouldn't he???

Comment

No reason on earth...feels good to break the cycle
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Mr G, I know it's all about me, what I think and what I decide to do..

My GP, after giving me way too much Diazepam for someone with an addictive behaviour asked me if I was up for councilling ....I know I can't spell by the way..

I just laughed and said "Do you think someone else can make decisions for me?"

I could just ask my Mum... He agreed...

Comment

Well Bridge. I am very glad, and feckin' thankful that i'm no longer in the dark abyss that i was, for the better part of the last 10 years. Very dark melancholy, and isolation was my world. I even liked it at times. Scary. It's a long road, but SO worth it. Af life was impossible for me to imagine, but here i am.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

So, how long are you AF now ?
                      Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Yeah, the counselling thing is interesting. It wouldn't be for me, but i'd try it if i was lost. But that's right, it's just up to us. No-one can do it for us. But.....how to get there?.........

Comment

Bridge, i am around Fizog months.

Comment

About 9 months, and loving it! It get's better, and it DOES get easier. But it's still early days for me .........

Comment

Mr G, have to say that..

"Very dark melancholy, and isolation was my world. I even liked it at times"

Is where I was at 12 months ago, I still go there but only for an hour or so every few weeks...

I also embraced it on occasion...Feck, sounds scary to say that now....

New respect Mr G

Comment

I think what does my head in is the fact that the fight is never completely over.
                                I get bored.
                                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Working...
                                X