Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paxil (paroxetine) -- Anyone taking it? .. Also a Q ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This might sound weird, but can anyone use them?... (OK, that does sound weird.. I feel like a drug dealer.) .... I mean .. Is it OK to give stuff like that away? Or is that probably a bad idea and risky? .... I just hate to see it go to waste, and I imagine it can be expensive depending on your drug plan, or if you don't have one...... OR, alternatively, how do I dispose of it? I don't imagine you should flush stuff like that.

My twisted story is .. I went to the doc some months ago re. my anxiety and she wanted to put me on Paxil .. In fact, was quite adamant about it. So I caved and said yes .. but after googling and googling some more, I decided I didn't want to. I didn't think she made the correct diagnosis --- because I'd been drinking for quite some time and knew, deep down, that drinking was the root of my problem. (I was right - since I've quit, I've had no anxiety.)

Anyway, I didn't want to argue with her, so I'm just "going with it" ... (My drug plan gets me prescriptions pretty cheaply... I don't even know why I got the prescriptions filled - lol .. just in case she found me out?)

So, anyway, I have two bottles of 20 mg Paxil / Paroxetine (60 pills in each, I think)...... What should I do?
    AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Even though some here do it, 42cat, you need to know it is a crime if caught by the authorities.

I know, I know, I am like you, I hate to waste the drugs, too.

Once I mentioned to my doctor that my hubby was taking some of my pain meds when his back was killing him. (Just a few, he hates pain meds) and that is when she told me that it was technically a crime to let him have them.

Just an FYI.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Oh my ... I didn't know it was a crime.... although it didn't feel "right" either. Thank you!

Comment

Additionally, it can be problematic for the person on the receiving end. Taking another's meds is called drug abuse and may be so noted in their medical file if it happened to be mentioned.
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I guess I didn't think it through! Thanks, you guys.

How would you dispose of them? Just in the garbage? (Birds might pick at them in the landfill though.) ... I suppose I could burn them in the woodstove?

Comment

42cat,

I throw them in the garbage. I never thought of the birds.

I do know you don't want to throw them down the toilet. Apparently we get a lot of meds in our water supply. Yikes!!

I guess I could throw them down the toilet and medicate all the animals and bugs in my yard from the septic tank drain field. :H:H

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

If you return them to the pharmacy, they will dispose of them for you.
              Thats what I do.
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I hadn't thought of that, Start. That's a great idea.

Comment

well cat,you could put them away in the cupboard for a rainy day,depression anxiety is an offel thing,sneaks up when you least expect it,no what i mean,thats what idid with the vallium i had years ago,,the only thing they can do is go bad,trust me your doctor mite no what is going on,you seem to have things in order,dont drink and you have less anxiety, ? will see,i do wish you well,gyco

Comment

Flushing them is a good idea, I've often said they need to put antidepressants in the water supply, the way the world is going! :-D
                    What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Comment

Working...
                    X