• Show
Clear All

Informative. ...check it out!

Oh my gosh ....

Alcohol - The Everyday Struggle | You Can Stop Drinking Now

So much I/we can relate to here.

Just had to share it.

X
    Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself!!!

Not sure I posted the right webbie, so just in case ........

Alcohol - The Everyday Struggle | You Can Stop Drinking Now

Comment

Thanks...another tool for the old tool box........interesting, very interesting.
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Wow, it that me to a "T." I guess there is no doubt that I am alcohol dependent. (I don't like the word alcoholic.)

I could have written that myself. I have five different stores I go to for wine. They start selling at 6 a.m M - Sat and at 10 on Sundays (I've really had to plan for Sundays.)

I am so tired of having to go get "more" and having to switch stores, the planning ahead, the making sure I don't sound like I've been drinking, the pouring of one glass for the final phone call of the day or night - knowing once it's out of the way I can drink the whole bottle, the Thursday morning recycling and hoping the neighbors don't hear all the clanking bottles. The list goes on. It's just no way to live.

Went to the grocery store a bit ago. It was nice to not to have to worry about wine. I just don't want to do my Saturday routine of telling myself I'll just go get two bottles and clean the house (of course it will be more like three as I'll have to have one for Sunday morning in case I'm on edge). Of course once I start drinking nothing gets done, I eat like a piglet and wake up feeling like I am destroying my life (more).
        ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

I know. Scarily accurate.
          There's a whole load of interesting stuff on the website.

Changed1, you sound like you doing really well . How long have you managed to stay 'off it' ?

I am doing better than I ever have, but still have a long way to go.

:l

X

Comment

I know how that is. I go to several different liquor stores. fortunately i never felt like i had to start drinking that early in the morning but i still felt like i had to go to many different stores and restaurants. i also heard of people at AA meetings who have been so embarrassed that they put their empty bottles in someone elses trash cans so that when the trashmen come they dont see how much they drink.

if we want to see how stupid we look when we drink just watch american jails. also i was always one of those who flew drunk (why i was ever allowed on the plane i will never know)..thanks for sharing

Comment

stepintime;668361 wrote: I know. Scarily accurate.
              There's a whole load of interesting stuff on the website.

Changed1, you sound like you doing really well . How long have you managed to stay 'off it' ?

I am doing better than I ever have, but still have a long way to go.

:l

X
              Mentally I am doing much better, thanks for asking. I went M to Th AF, drank one bottle (not much for me) Friday and not at all yesterday. As a person who'd be drinking right now at 4:10 in the morning, drinking for breakfast and round the clock, things have improved. I am glad you are doing better than ever yourself.
              ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

Thanks for posting this link. Lots of interesting reading--have it bookmarked!
                The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hey good info here, thanks.
                  Love this list of famous alcoholics, wonder about slander charges though?
                  Missed one person on the list - George W. Bush! I mean, Cheney's there, why not Bush?

You Can Stop Drinking Now | You Can Stop Drinking Now
                  Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
                  AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

great scarey stuff!!!

Some of it made me feel bad...... Esp the children of alcoholics, I see how it affected me and now it scares me that I have messed up my kids too..... Hopefully they don't follow my or their dad's path..... He still drinks to a blackout just about evey day!?!? What an example, huh?!

Thanks, I have it bookmarked too!

MA
                    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Lots of links to good reading in there. Thanks for posting it!
                      AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Yep.
                        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

yo

cowgal;669333 wrote: Some of it made me feel bad...... Esp the children of alcoholics, I see how it affected me and now it scares me that I have messed up my kids too..... Hopefully they don't follow my or their dad's path..... He still drinks to a blackout just about evey day!?!? What an example, huh?!

Thanks, I have it bookmarked too!

MA
                          good article step ? have to save this one for the sin bin,lots of imfo,cowgirl i couldnt help but reading your comment on the kids,i use to blame my ancestors and wife for my addiction,allergy. ect. or what ever it mt be,over the last while ive come to the conclusion it is my responsibility for me,i am what i am,eventually over time,in my case 40 years,and im 56 now,you get it.your doin great,thats all that matters, Spiro up.Spiro down,one has to choose,for you,my kids have nothing but respect for my sobriety,have none whats so ever for me when i drink uncontrollably,as you get farther into your sobriety or even moderation,it will eventually klk in for you,we have a brain,we've just damaged it to much over the years with the mis use of a substance that society says its ok to use,i beleive young adults are much more responsible then we were,it is there decision to go down the same route as us,i hope this sits well gyco ps have a wonderful day

Comment

Stepintime thank you for posting this, its is simply written but packs quite a punch. There is a lot here that personally makes uncomfortable reading for me but it needs to be done.

This makes sober reading too, if you will pardon the pun:
                            ALCOHOL'S DAMAGING EFFECTS ON THE BRAIN
                            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

I missed the post guys. Does someone have a link?
                              Long Road
                              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
                              Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                              X