negitive..negitive..negitive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work with the public and lots of negitive co-workers.. How do you all stay positive during your time of change? I really need help with this one. :thanks:

:wings:Love, Peace, and Happiness!

Thats a tough one, Savannah. Some of it is our personal make up. Its easier too when we realize we're only supposed to live one persons life, our own. Not being jealous of others, for ANY reason, helps. For me, it's also forgiveness. Its too hard to carry around anger, and forgiveness is sweet. But the knowledge that we are beating a very large demon gives many of us a secret satisfaction and smile. Smile, make people wonder what you're up to!!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I focus on myself. If everyone else is having a grumpy day, that's their problem.

Also, remind yourself that your job is a means to a pay cheque, and not your whole life. Then look forward to what happy things you're going to do when your workday (or worknight) is done .. Having something to look forward to is a wonderful way to feel happy and hopeful.

Hope your day gets better!
      AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Thank u ladies!! I figure coming home to my MWO friends and home family, that should make me smile the whole day.. Maybe I should introduce them to this site, eh?

Comment

There are NATURAL ways and things you can do to recharge your energy after a day out in a NEGATIVE envirorment..The everyday world sure has it's challenges, I know that for sure.

I spend time in nature.
          Love the beach but just sitting by my big old oak tree and leaning back against recounts me with my sense of peace.
          If the world is getting you to flighty then imagine that you are growing roots, deep into the ground, out your bottom end .Helps me to feel grounded again.
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I guess I am glad I am not them. I only have control over me and if they want to be grumpy then that is no reflection on me and it's on them. I know it's no fun to listen to negative people, but if you look at it like a paycheck it might be easier to take.
            ^ My Baby Ruby ^

Comment

Evie.Lou;669450 wrote:
              ... you are growing roots, deep into the ground, out your bottom end.
              Yikes. Now there's a visual. .... Heehee, sorry.. couldn't resist. You should see the picture I have in my head - it's not pretty! LOL

Loved the visuals though .. Very peaceful and relaxing. I don't visualize enough .. but I will start. Thanks!

Comment

(((Savannah)))

I'm a pretty optimistic type anyway, but I'll share a story with you. I went to the dentist one day, I am hard to keep numb, my body wears numbing agentst off quick and I have to get shots repeatedly. The hygenist was my friend so she gave me laughing gas, twice as much as usual, thinking I was going home afterward. Well it sure did the trick. And when I got to work I couldn't quit smiling and talking even though I could tell everybody was in a sour mood. After awhile I could see people rolling their eyes and grudgingly smiling. So my silliness broke the ice with the majority of them.

So, go to the dentist! LOL

Comment

P.s..... there is always the "power of a smile" ... when you smile, even if you're faking it, it causes the release of happy endorphins and you actually feel better. Try it!

Comment

How are you Hart?
                    Long Road
                    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission--
                    Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Another idea, and I've used it!! When they're griping about something, suddenly just pay them a compliment, and walk away. It will stun them into silence, at least for a while.
                      sigpic
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Ruby, that is a GREAT idea, I'm gonna do that today, lol.. Evie, I love you :H

Comment

Let us know how it goes, hon. And remember to smile. Everyone has SOMETHING worth complimenting! It has to be sincere.
                          sigpic

Comment

Savannah;669465 wrote: Ruby, that is a GREAT idea, I'm gonna do that today, lol.. Evie, I love you :H
                            :H Right back at ya !!!.What you don't want to grow roots.
                            Wait and see this a fall......THE IN thing to wear, I swear !!!
                            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
                            X