Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What helps withdraw symptoms?

Hi akgirl,

I was awol for a while. I've been hiding out in Mod Squad since I've been back. I've been wondering about you. I don't know what's going on with your son and why he's away or for how long. But it sounds to me like you are grieving him being away. I went through that when each of my sons left home. My youngest left to finish high school in an alternative school in another city and lived with my brother and SIL. Even though I knew he was coming back, I grieved the same way as when my older son moved out when he graduated HS.

Do get your physical in case there is more going on. But also look up the symptoms of grieving. I remember your son being your life! If you are having financial problems as well I think what you are describing sounds pretty much what any of us would be feeling.

Hang in there. Give yourself credit for the courage to post here. I have gone through some really hard stuff lately too I know how hard it is to come back and post anything.

I believe in you!

periwinkle :l
    Even baby mountain goats must learn to tackle the smallest mountains first. sigpic

Comment

AK, Hot epsom salts baths, a couple a day. They really helped me. Just relax and pamper yourself. The obvious, lots of fluids. I liked water with lemon and lime. Eat what you want. However, I kept my diet very scant, not heavy. Be sure to take in enough salts since you will probably be sweating profusely. This will help prevent muscle spasms. An electrolite replacement would help as well. Care for yourself as you would a loved one. Time for some good ole, TLC! If you work outside the home, a little white lie won't hurt. Call in and say you have a nasty bug. (We call it detox) They call it the flu... Take a few days off! Sending love and support. Hugs, Best
      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Thanks again everyone
        I think what is going on with me is more anxiety and stress, or just a crazy combination of alot of things. But it made me nervous enough to just go ahead and go to the doctor today. Unfortunately since it was urgent care and all they could do is prescribe me something for the anxiety and dizzyness. I don't know what else I expected but I'm not too keen on taking meds. I might try the one for anxiety until my boy gets back. I'm going to find a regular physician and just start having a few tests to see whats going on.
        Oh, by the way, as if I wasn't stressed enough, the doctor mentioned the big M word....menapause!!!! :eeks: Yikes I hadn't considered that one.

I'm a big stressball but am happy to report my son is in Vegas and having a blast!

So its off to the health store and time to break out the CDs again.

:l
        Ak
        :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

The nausea will go away after a time. I had to taper off slow (and am still) doing so in order that I won't go into serious withdrawal.
          I've been walking, a long and crooked path. Come my restoration, wash my body clean...

Comment

Working...
          X